964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Eichenblatt Grün" - the adventures of a 1990 964 C4 from the Netherlands

Old 01-31-2014, 09:51 AM
hmhulshof
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Eichenblatt Grün" - the adventures of a 1990 964 C4 from the Netherlands

Dear all, With this thread I’d like to introduce myself and at the same time have one single place to capture all my updates to the car. Please enjoy.

My name is Harm, live in the Netherlands in a small town very close to Amsterdam. Ever since I can remember I've been crazy about all things which go fast, make noise and burn petrol. Being focused more on bikes in the first place, this has shifted towards cars lately (also due to the fact I became a father and going within 3 seconds to 60+ MPH on public roads without any protection didn’t seem like such a good idea anymore).

The love for cars has always been there. Growing up in the 80’s my room at my parents was postered with the usual suspects, car wise. The car which was my favorite was the 959. Fast forward a couple of years and actually owning a Porsche became a reality. Spending hours on end on the internet has changed my eventual choice quite significantly. Starting out looking at Cayennes (yes I know) when I lived in the UK and 996 4S when back home in the Netherlands.

After hours of research, meeting some owners locally I knew what I wanted; the car needed to be 4 wheel driven and air cooled. Also my choice was heavily inspired by these two videos:
1. How I envision my ideal weekend away with friends (still pushing them to buy one as well ) ->
2. The choice between water & air cooled, realizing that “wasser ist zum eier kochen” ->

Eventually I bought the first car I’ve test driven (the first Porsche I have ever driven for that matter). It was love at first sight and every car I’ve taken for a spin afterwards did not stack up to that first experience. I’ve driven that car in August of 2012 for the first time and in November, after long email conversations with the owner, we struck a deal. Picked the car up on the 26th of January 2013 and the rest is history.

Here is a picture of my dark green (Eichenblatt Grün) C4 964 from 1990:
Attached Images  

Last edited by hmhulshof; 01-31-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 01-31-2014, 10:59 AM
jorijori
Instructor

Hi Welkom, congratulation on your new car, she looks good. Please post more pictures. Btw, I love Dutch food, hutspots & ertwen soup (incorrect spellings).
Old 01-31-2014, 01:43 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Harm. Put Wednesday 16th July in your diary and make the short drive over to Zandvoort circuit.....you'll find a dozen of us in 964s taking to the track that day.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:54 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a very nice, love that colour.

The guy who made the first Video and presented the 2nd is Frank and his car is Black Betty! check out his Thread on Black Betty for even more inspiration.

Do you have any plans for her?
Old 02-02-2014, 02:11 AM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome and congrats on picking the right car for you and the weather. You'll love the extra driving safety and confidence gained by having a C4.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:15 PM
hmhulshof
Track Day

Hello gents! many thanks for the warm welcome.

@jorijori - Thank you, will post some later with updates! Not cold enough this year for Erwtensoep & Hutspot unfortunately

@boxsey911 - It's in the diary, many thanks for the heads up! See you there

@StuartQ - many thanks, really fell for the colour as well. Subscribed to the Black Betty threads. Man, that engine rebuild looks awesome (and pricey). My list of plans/wishes for her is quite long . First order of business is fitting the Bilstein PSS10 B16 set which will arrive in a couple of weeks. Also bought cup mirrors and I am on the lookout for Techart foglight / air-ducts (Tips? Please!) in stead of the normal fog lights. Further future plans include full roll cage in chassis colour (Heigo), 18 inch wheels (love speedlines, fuchs or BBS leMans), an engine upgrade to match (no modification with gasket yet, this needs to be done somewhere along the line), would love a 3.8, best to take the opportunity! Overarching idea is to make her as solid, strong and flawless as possible, better than right from the factory and a real surprise for more modern cars out there .

@Mixter - many thanks! Lots of rain in the Netherlands as well, feel a lot safer with the all wheel drive

Cheers,

Harm
Old 02-05-2014, 08:16 AM
jorijori
Instructor

For Tech Art fog light, TA still sells them for euro 600 & FVD Brombacher sells them too for the same price. I agree with TA fog light is the best looking fog light. The actual fog light itself is from Golf MK2 (or 3 I'm not so sure).
Old 02-06-2014, 04:34 PM
hmhulshof
Track Day

Many thanks for the tip jorijori! I found them on the fvd website:

http://www.fvd.de/index.php?VID=9504...item=280100182
Old 02-06-2014, 05:02 PM
lverheul
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Good to see another Dutchman on the forum. Mooie wagen!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:07 PM
hmhulshof
Track Day

Dank je wel!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:11 PM
hmhulshof
Track Day

Just arrived today; techart fog light / air ducts. Looking for a paint job in the Amsterdam area to get it together with aero mirrors in the correct colour.
Attached Images   
Old 02-12-2014, 05:20 AM
jorijori
Instructor

Harm,

Can you post pictures of uninstalled your fog lights? I'd like to see the electrical connection, I want to know if they are same as stock 964 fog lights.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:09 AM
hmhulshof
Track Day

Hi Jorijori, was wondering the same thing myself. Don't know how the standard connection looks...
Attached Images    
Old 02-12-2014, 06:14 AM
rickyjames123
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wowwwwwwww
nice one i like it.....
Old 02-21-2014, 04:16 PM
hmhulshof
Track Day

Just received the Bilsteins, can't wait, they look awesome!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Eichenblatt Grün" - the adventures of a 1990 964 C4 from the Netherlands