964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

me and my 964: an intro

Old 02-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Pkblu
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just went around and around on coilovers as well and ended up ordering KW V1's. I only hear great things about the AH/Rotiforms but I only plan to run Euro RS ride height, so thought they would be over kill for me. KW V1's sound like a great street setup, and the stainless bodies sold me.

Only planning on running 18x8, 18x10 Works on it, so not as aggressive as you either though.

Put some Pole Positions in mine last fall too. I went with XL's and even being a slim guy (6'-2" - 175lbs) they are snug on me. I plan on getting them reupholstered to add some more lumbar padding to make them a little more comfortable for me.

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out. Everything you have done so far had been very nice.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Jjm4life
User

so its update time.

ended up going with PSS10s. they are being installed right now, with a few other odds and ends that needed replacing/updating. wheels are still waiting on parts to show up.

just for fun i went through the bills so far. engine rebuild was so major, i never really touched on all the work that was done. 23k in parts alone, actually more when you add in the fabspeed header muffler kit, intake and tune package. truly a brand new motor. oh, and the 6 heads i had to buy to replace my worn originals.
transmission saw a similar build too. ive started to put together a 3 ring binder to document everything ive done with the car to date, and of course going forward. having a perfectionist working on it has been expensive, but totally worth it.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Rey Gunn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow! It sure does add up pretty quickly doesn't it. All worth it in the end. Your car will be brand new when it's all said and done! Can't wait to see the BBS wheels fitted. Any updates on the wheels? ET, fitment, etc...
Old 03-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Jjm4life
User

It will be brand new at some point. Once it gets a glass out respray...

Quick pick on the alignment rack lowered to euro rs specs
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2014, 05:20 AM
Jjm4life
User

well its time to play my favorite game: guess what broke?

honestly, no clue at the moment. all i know is i went to grab second gear and bang. thinking its an axle. didnt see anything in my brief assesment at 4am on the streets of boston, but thats my (un)educated guess.

managed to push it down the block to reach whats considered my neighborhood and found street parking. my handpowered parallel parking skills are very impressive might i say.

AAA called. off to eurotech with it once again.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:50 AM
STUARTQ
User

Let's hope it's nothing major!

Originally Posted by Jjm4life View Post
well its time to play my favorite game: guess what broke?

honestly, no clue at the moment. all i know is i went to grab second gear and bang. thinking its an axle. didnt see anything in my brief assesment at 4am on the streets of boston, but thats my (un)educated guess.

managed to push it down the block to reach whats considered my neighborhood and found street parking. my handpowered parallel parking skills are very impressive might i say.

AAA called. off to eurotech with it once again.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:56 AM
SuperUser
User

Man that stinks, I am sure they will get it sorted out for you quickly.

Last edited by SuperUser; 04-06-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Jjm4life
User

Already spoke to eurotech. Looks like new rear axles for me. 4am literally blocks from home, aaa showed up at 545.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Jjm4life; 04-07-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Jjm4life
User

New axles should be done tomorrow,

Got a rendering for the wheels and potential vinyl.. Gonna keep that quiet for now, but it involves mexico blue and ruby stone in the color scheme.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Vandit
Super User

What was the point of failure on the axle?

Pretty interesting considering these cars aren't exactly high power and you're on the street with street tires in a coldish climate (i.e. cold rubber = less grip).
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Jjm4life
User

Cv on the drivers side failed in glorious fashion. High 30 degree temps still on winter tires. Brand new motor with a few goodies but nothing too crazy.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Jjm4life
User

my luck continues haha. after a few weeks with everything going well, one of my neighbors decided ive been with my car too long. she nicked my rear bumper, cracking the bumper cap on the passenger side. in typical me fashion, i took the time to get some clear corner markers and fog light air ducts while its in the body shop. wheels should be done in a week or so finally.. but im not holding my breath.

another rendering of what the final product might look like.
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Maxxvr
Addict
Rennlist Member

I dig it
Old 05-15-2014, 08:19 PM
gsxr_fvr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Mr.Alex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, you're the 964 JSutai is doing. Perhaps we shall see each other at one of the C&C in CT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: me and my 964: an intro

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: