Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Singer buys a new daily driver, of course it's a 964!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 06:26 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

for singer...right place at the right time...
Old 02-04-2016, 09:29 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

man, would i love to stumble upon a minty 964 today for $35k!!!! times have changed so rapidly, considering how long the 964 (and many aircooleds) languished for years at very affordable prices. wish i was stashing them away years ago. maybe we should all start stashing away 996 C2s.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:05 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

I'd be stashing 996 TT's and GT3's if possible, room permitting. These are the next to really pop😎
Old 02-06-2016, 11:27 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

the 996tt is one of the best buys in the porsche market right now. it's the only turbo that can be bought for under $50k - and the 996 stigma doesn't apply (minus that awful interior). can't beat it for bang for the buck. wish i had the room for one too!!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:02 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Chris Harris "And the 964 is a friends. Spicy 3.8 motor, trick chassis. By a factor of ten the best 964 I've ever driven."

The following 2 users liked this post by 911Jetta:
908/3fan (11-04-2019), Rev 964 (02-14-2020)
Old 09-30-2016, 02:51 AM
Gulfster
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

“The thing about a Porsche 911 is that it doesn’t even feel like a car. It feels like an instrument. A tool for extracting speed out of a road. Not so much something you drive as it is something you operate.”

Just had to take a second to appreciate this quote. Since buying my first 911 a couple of weeks ago I've been experiencing this sensation everyday and really got a kick out of reading this. Driving the 997 feels ... surgical.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Rev 964
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stunning

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
per Twitter, the guys at Singer just bought a new daily driver....
https://twitter.com/singervehicles

How much for one of these rare guys?
Old 02-14-2020, 05:36 PM
speed8988
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the post where this car was being sold last week was CLOSED I will just leave this here . Hello Fellow Porsche enthusiast I just joined this forum as I am the potential buyer that in all my years this was the shadiest dealings I have ever had in all my years. Rev 964 was great though and seems to be the only honest one in the dealing.

I am an avid car enthusiast and let me state I have had many cars, mainly Classic vehicles so I am not a novice car buyer. I currently own a high-end Porsche as well and have restored a Porsche 356. That being said .. here’s my story so everyone knows what type of person some of you deal with that are in the Restoration Porsche Community.

On 2/3 I was informed from a friend about this Porsche and my source has followed this car from when it was in Florida to now were it still resides in California. This is a period of over 7 years. If you don’t know this car here is some basic history. This car is not just a Mint 964 that alone should be enough. This car belonged to a SingerVehicle Design shareholder / owner and was used as a test vehicle for many of their parts such as Singer’s carbon brakes. This car if you look close does not have an OEM intake and does in fact have a 3.8 and from what I have been told a 6 speed as well. It also has been Twitted by Chris Harris saying ,“and the 964 is a friends. Spicy 3.8 motor, trick chassic. By a factor of 10 the best 964 I’ve ever driven. “ It once had Real Speedline wheels as well, but were removed. The car ran as of Aug 2019 and most likely ran and still runs.

So timeline..

2/4/2020 I called seller Rev 964 and said I wanted the car she said I was 2nd in line and she would call me back if the other person did not get back with her. She was fair and gave the person Wednesday to secure deal. They could not get funds, so I made offer and deal was done. I viewed the appraisal and KNEW what I was looking at.

2/6/2020 Thursday I was called by Rev 964 and told that I had to send an email that the car was being sold AS IS as requested by her Ex-Husband due to his business. I thought Really? No kidding. . but Ok I did this. I was also informed that all monies and deposits must be made into a Locked account which needed to be set up so I waited till I got the bank info.

2/7/2020 Friday I get another call from Rev 964 stating that here Mr Fawaz did not respond nor met her to set up an account as court ordered and the car must be sold no later than Tuesday 2/18 and she asked me if I had the funds for sure since no monies could be deposited. I send her a snap shot of the my account I had the monies sitting in and told her that rest assured I wanted the car and I sent the email to her in regards to the car being sold as is.

Friday evening at 19:31 EST I get an email from Mr. Fawaz stating he wanted to send full disclosure and given his business he did not want to risk any future claims. I had not once but twice sent an email stating I wanted the car as based on the appraisal that was conducted 1 week prior. Seems like Mr Fawaz was doing everything he could to ruin the deal. I get this LONG LIST OF ISSUES. I stated that If I agree to his stipulations and once I agree please confirm and assume this deal is effectuated and that the car can be picked up at it’s current location.

OK no problem many of the issues such as AC not working ok come on it’s a 964 , no Smog , yup figured that, no airbags, no horn, no radio etc. yes all stuff I can see from the pictures . I still AGREE and state my name and the email has the date and I even said YES to all the said “issues” and stated I would like the car as it was in the appraisal. I did this as I did not want no other parts come missing once I get car to Florida. As many seemed to be stripped off the car in order to get a lower appraisal, In my opinion.

2/8/2020 . Rev 964 says deal is done via email (which Mr. Fawaz is on email) and now time to pay monies and deposit. Where to? Well if you don’t go to bank to set up account, I guess I can’t buy car.

Rev 964 now get an email from another buyer named Brian stating that he hopes he is not too late and sends pics of his daughters to help let me down easier. He tells Rev 964 that these big guys never let the little guy get cars like this and he has a Mint Green one already would like another one for his twin daughters, So now I’m this multi-millionaire. Lol BTW Brian is from Rotiform Wheel and Brian tell Rev 964 why sell it to somebody from out of state (how does he know where I live) and offers exactly 1,000 more than me. 76K . Brian also sends pictures of his Mint Green 964 that he painted not a PTS Porsche at Singer’s location and then tells Rev 964 he likes her clothing business and if she takes his offer right now he will deposit moneyand he will purchase clothing from her line. This guy makes wheels for Singer and I show Rev 964 the wheels they make as she did not know who Rotiform was or is. Don’t poor mouth her when you own a multi-million dollar company. Rev 964 stood firm on her commitment to me as the buyer and put Brian next in line.

In my mind we have a deal as a far as I know. I agreed to it in writing. Rev 964 sent email saying the car is mine and deal is done; once I agreed to Mr Fawaz terms. Even the darn attorney was CC’d in this email.

2/9 Not much happens its Sunday.

2/10 Rev 964 attorney informs Mr Fawaz attorney that many attempts have been made to finalized my deal and says they are going to ask for Ex parte to force sale to me as it fit all requirements. An offer is now 80K on the table by this Brian that Rev 964 has been presented. But wait, the car is mine, so I think. I offer $80,500 now. Nothing happens. NEXT, I’m informed by Rev 964 That without permission her ex sold the car to a friend in Michigan for 80K ,funds went to his attorney and bill of sale was made. Rev 964 greatly apologized to me as we spent 1 week trying to close this deal and she FOLLOWED the rules of the court. The Husband told her the car was worthless $10,000 but that his people would purchase it for “NO more than 40K”. He told her to try and spin her wheels and try to sell herself, she gets an appraisal for FMV and I offer more than Appraisal! Now, I realize I was not privy to those conversations, but I do know if something is only worth 10-40 K you don’t try NOT to let the deal go through & then sell it to someone you “know” for more! Seems like Mr. Fawaz knew what the car was really worth and did everything he could to throw a wrench into the sale of this car to me.

2/14 I have been informed that the car is still in the same spot and that Mr Fawaz is most likely going to keep the car.

I just got on here to state my side of the story.
The following users liked this post:
rmurphy1969 (02-14-2020)
Old 02-14-2020, 08:13 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

i can't believe you hung in that BS pit for so long....even if it is just lunch money...even if it is one heluva great 964...you do what you gotta do, i for one though, am glad you still have your $...
interested in an amethyst C2?
The following users liked this post:
Rev 964 (02-14-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 12:42 AM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

Just shows.....
Cars are great, owners/buyers/sellers, not so much!
Glad I got mine years ago before the sharks came out.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:57 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by speed8988
Since the post where this car was being sold last week was CLOSED I will just leave this here . Hello Fellow Porsche enthusiast I just joined this forum as I am the potential buyer .
There are 2 sides to every story! Its very possible it was a nasty divorce, the husband loved the car & it meant a lot to him and he didn't want to let it go while REV the wife that posted it here just wanted the $$. Personally i know nothing about the story. ..lets not judge and the talk about this car and the subject should probably end-

you really shouldn't be here airing peoples personal issues like this especially that most in the community know who the owner of the car is. Mods should erase that post!!!

PS: If i was the husband and that was my car which i loved & was passionate about , and i'm being FORCED to sell it because of a divorce court order, i would do everything in my power to keep it somehow, i hope in the end he is able to keeps it.

Last edited by Tarek307; 02-15-2020 at 04:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:47 AM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,234 Likes on 754 Posts

ugly stuff............ let's move on, having learned something???????

Quick Reply: Singer buys a new daily driver, of course it's a 964!