Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Central Locking - Only One Door Locks

Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 PM
r15suk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Locking - Only One Door Locks

When activating my central locking from the fob or by using the key in either door, only one side locks (drivers side UK car), although there is a sound from the door that doesn't lock.

I was wondering if this problem has a common route cause. I have searched but not really found anything.

cheers
Simon
Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does the same thing since picking it up from the body shop. It was determined that they did not reconnect the rod between the lock actuator and the door handle, or something like that. Haven't cared enough to fix it though.

Mine will lock if i have the drivers door closed, and use the button in front of the shifter.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:06 PM
bmohr
Racer

my passenger side door does the same thing. I have to manually depress the stalk when I want the car physically locked..although the alarm always sets regardless. Microswitch went bad, just haven't had the time to fix it with so many other items to address...latest one replacing the voltage regulator. I'm sure other maintenance items will fall next in line and put off the need microswitch repair for another year or two lol
Old 10-25-2013, 08:24 AM
r15suk
Instructor

Originally Posted by vagluv
Mine does the same thing since picking it up from the body shop. It was determined that they did not reconnect the rod between the lock actuator and the door handle, or something like that. Haven't cared enough to fix it though.

Mine will lock if i have the drivers door closed, and use the button in front of the shifter.
I'm having it resprayed soon so i'll get them to take a look whilst there are in there.

Originally Posted by bmohr
my passenger side door does the same thing. I have to manually depress the stalk when I want the car physically locked..although the alarm always sets regardless. Microswitch went bad, just haven't had the time to fix it with so many other items to address...latest one replacing the voltage regulator. I'm sure other maintenance items will fall next in line and put off the need microswitch repair for another year or two lol
Whereabouts is the microswitch located?

Cheers
Simon
Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 PM
John Rygg
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 where are the microswitches?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:47 AM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 180 Posts

Exact same problem in my Targa. Sounds somewhat common...at least here. What's the fix ?
Old 10-26-2013, 01:11 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one that "sticks" but could be coaxed up and down with the lock **** on the door panel. The problem was the guide under the panel cap (#2) was broken. Wish I had a pick but there's a ring that guides the lock post through the cap which disrupts the lock mechanism if not intact.

Replacement caps are available for a gozillion dollars (so I didn't bother) but it might be something you can fix. It's only two screws to get the cap off and then check the lock operation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Central Locking - Only One Door Locks