Sponsored by:

Cabin blower fans motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 08:19 PM
time666
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin blower fans motors

Can anyway give me a quick answer on the blower cabin fan set up. Being a bit lazy here and not done my usual search every thread relating to blowers as i may have to move fast to get a new fan blower cheap.

Problem i have is when ac controller is set so air flow is directed to the windscreen de-mist vent which runs across the front windscreen only the LHS 50% has airflow, the RHS has non.

The RHS fan (RHS being when sitting in car looking forward) sounds like its running but the LHS fan i suspect is faulty.

So does the RHS fan supply the air flow for the LHS part of the ventilation outlet and LHS fan supply the RHS? I seem to remember there is a 'cross over' in the ducts, does this seem right?

A bit of a strange problem i've had since day 1 and be nice to nail this fault, and as RHS drive car having de-mist function would be good.

Cheers tim
Old 09-04-2013, 11:03 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Tim, google "tore hvac" and you will find all the info you need.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:30 AM
time666
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks CRG53 had a look and so much info is great and super helpful alot of effort has clearly gone into it, but the schematic for the general layout for airflow but not so specific that if shows if the LHS and RHS fan outlet ducts supply the windscreen de-mist vent independently or via a common duct if that makes sense.

So just trying to work out if the grill is fed separately from each fan which would explain why in de-mist mode air only comes out of 50% of the vent, which would point towards a fan failure on one side.

I am sure a few years ago I found something that indicated there is some cross over that RHS feeds left and visa versa. There are so many threads I am hoping someone may know when doing work on them.

thanks - tim
Old 09-05-2013, 11:07 AM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Your problem is in the servo motors, you can reach them just behind the gas tank under the wind shield. Have someone move the controls on the CCU while you check the movement of the servos.

Quick Reply: Cabin blower fans motors