964 corner balance and alignment

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 12:58 AM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 103 Posts
Default 964 corner balance and alignment

New update

I completed my winter project brakes Eibach springs and Bilstein B6 HD. I had to set the ride height with 3/4 tank of fuel, I choose to go with the 964 RS spec, measuring from the factory points, 125mm +/-5mm in the front and 220 mm +/- 5mm, I choose + 5mm all the way around, I took a few tries and test drives to get the car settled, I also measured the fenders as well, both sides on the rear 25' front right side 25' front left 25 1/4' ,

Then I remember I had a PCA friend from the track days, that has digital corner balance scales. Dave the great guy he is he let me borrow them, I set the scales up and drop the car on them, It was perfect with no adjustments needed... I got lucky here's some pic's,

I also went to my local Porsche dealership for an alignment, I went with the RS spec alignment. She handles great !

First pic with the driver, second pic without the driver. Not bad I had to do no adjustment. That was easy!

Old 03-29-2019, 01:41 AM
carlskisWP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! I recently installed the same set up, Eibach pro kit and B6s, and my height is RS +15. Handles great.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:46 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=carlskisWP;15736591]Sweet! I recently installed the same set up, Eibach pro kit and B6s, and my height is RS +15. Handles great.[/QUOT

It's nice when it works out. more pic's because we all like pic's

Old 04-07-2019, 09:07 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Hell ya... got it, with only 48 pounds left to right side with me in the car exactly 50% cross with 3/4 tank of fuel., The left front side is only 1/8" higher with out me in the car. Down from the first post there was a 99 pound difference left to right side even though it was at 49.9 cross.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:48 AM
GoatFarmer
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Having scales allows you to dial in the car although if not racing it isn't necessary. It certainly is a "nice to have" and helps you gain a better understanding of suspension setup. It is a great learning experience. I highly recommend anyone with a racing buddy watch or join in on the alignment process.

I have a set of intercomp scales and pads along with BBX Racing HUBStands that I use to setup my race car. It can take hours to get everything dialed in when looping through toe, camber, caster, and ride height.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:10 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GoatFarmer
Having scales allows you to dial in the car although if not racing it isn't necessary. It certainly is a "nice to have" and helps you gain a better understanding of suspension setup. It is a great learning experience. I highly recommend anyone with a racing buddy watch or join in on the alignment process.

I have a set of intercomp scales and pads along with BBX Racing HUBStands that I use to setup my race car. It can take hours to get everything dialed in when looping through toe, camber, caster, and ride height.
Having scales can be fun, and amazing how it transforms the car... if done right, I had some of my car friends come over and play. Time fly's when your having fun teaching them how to better understand their suspension setup. like you said It is a great learning experience.

Quick Reply: 964 corner balance and alignment