Sponsored by:

Yet another tire thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Yet another tire thread!

Hey all. Been a while. Hope everyone's doing well.

I hate to start another tire thread, but I need to buy some summer kicks and am feeling a bit lazy so was hoping I could get some recommendations on new tires.

This is a daily driver, C4, that I like to push. I live out in the country with plenty of room to run and nice twisties through the foothills to get here. Love the twisties. No track time despite three tries in the past; still hoping to get out there one of these days.

I've had Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's years ago that I liked which are no longer available and probably a bit long in the tooth these days anyway.

I have Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec now that never ran straight and have worn badly on the inside despite a truly straight driving car - tested with other tires and re-aligned several times. No Dunlops. F'em. Never really liked them anyway. In fact, if anyone wants them let me know. Perhaps they could be cut down for track use. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to kicking them into the dump.

I'm looking at the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. Tirerack likes them, but they'd sell me their mother for the right price, I'm sure.

I saw someone here mentioned the ContiSportContact 3, but I think that I want a bit more performance (not that I know really know what I'm talking about, mind you). And, though it's a daily, I'm 8 years in, 70k miles on, and would still be happy to stiffen up the ride a bit.

I prefer dry performance with a strong side wall for cornering, with enough wet performance to keep me on the road when I forget that it's raining and I should be more careful!

I certainly don't *need* top of the line tires, but I'm not afraid to spend a little extra to get a little extra.

So, what d'ya think?

Thanks,
Dave

Quick Reply: Yet another tire thread!