Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techart fog light removal

Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 PM
John McM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Techart fog light removal

Does anyone know how this unit is attached?
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2013, 06:06 AM
911PERVY
Addict
Rennlist Member

No, but I do know they are VW Golf units if you need replacements at a fraction of the Techart price!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
deutschland-dobson
User

Presume it's bumper off and remove hidden fixings?

Chris
Old 02-24-2013, 01:36 PM
John McM
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hope it's easier than that. Checking with the seller's agent as this area was repainted so they should know how to get it out. All I want to do is adjust the beam downwards. I think the painter played with the adjusting screw while he was in there.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 PM
John McM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chris, you were correct. Bumper removal is required as they are held in by a bolt.
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:22 PM
cobias1
User

does the bumper have to be cut to put these in...im at a crossroads about getting another passenger side foglight or updating to something like this one day.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 PM
John McM
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure as I didn't fit them. Here's a picture of the front side.
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 PM
deutschland-dobson
User

A section of the plastic behind the fog light has been cut out to fit by the looks of it. Pretty simple job tho.

Chris
Old 03-16-2013, 12:33 PM
g60pops
User

Originally Posted by cobias1 View Post
does the bumper have to be cut to put these in...im at a crossroads about getting another passenger side foglight or updating to something like this one day.
Frank (Black Betty) may know the answer to this as he fitted a set last year.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

yes you have to cut the bumper to fit the tech art fogs. Crazy expensive to buy though. There is an adjustment screw to the left of the tech art lettering which allows you to aim the fogs. I did not need to remove my bumper to install or adjust mine.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:40 PM
g60pops
User

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
yes you have to cut the bumper to fit the tech art fogs. Crazy expensive to buy though. There is an adjustment screw to the left of the tech art lettering which allows you to aim the fogs. I did not need to remove my bumper to install or adjust mine.
Any tips on how you managed this as I have a set to install?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:31 PM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by g60pops View Post
Any tips on how you managed this as I have a set to install?
It has been a number of years but what info do you need?

You will at a minimum need to remove the two trays under the bumper to reach around to fit and adjust.

I am assuming you have the instructions and templates?

Although they recommend cutting the entire back behind the fog light away you can cut far less and I recommend not cutting the areas that have the screws for the fog lights it makes sense to just remove the screws in case you change your mind and want to return it to the stock look. The bumper cuts very easily with a dremel tool, or even a dry wall saw or sharp razor knife just take your time. Once you have the bumper cut installation is pretty straight forward IIRC.

You can see the single adjustment screw in the picture John posted. It is a simple up or down adjustment.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 AM
tm.cz
User

Any chance anyone might have the original instructions and templates? I picked up a used set that didn't include either.

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
It has been a number of years but what info do you need?

You will at a minimum need to remove the two trays under the bumper to reach around to fit and adjust.

I am assuming you have the instructions and templates?

Although they recommend cutting the entire back behind the fog light away you can cut far less and I recommend not cutting the areas that have the screws for the fog lights it makes sense to just remove the screws in case you change your mind and want to return it to the stock look. The bumper cuts very easily with a dremel tool, or even a dry wall saw or sharp razor knife just take your time. Once you have the bumper cut installation is pretty straight forward IIRC.

You can see the single adjustment screw in the picture John posted. It is a simple up or down adjustment.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:50 AM
jiany
New User

Default 964 c4 1991

Originally Posted by 911PERVY View Post
No, but I do know they are VW Golf units if you need replacements at a fraction of the Techart price!
hi bud. I just read your thread. I'm in the process of doing a complete renovation actually almost done of my c4 1991 964. I'm thinking of canceling the very expensive $505 fog light and switching them for the ones on your picture. looks better anyways. you mention vw golf. what year and model fits for my 964. many thanks
Old 05-04-2016, 08:07 AM
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jiany View Post
hi bud. I just read your thread. I'm in the process of doing a complete renovation actually almost done of my c4 1991 964. I'm thinking of canceling the very expensive $505 fog light and switching them for the ones on your picture. looks better anyways. you mention vw golf. what year and model fits for my 964. many thanks
You need to buy the tech art kit it is pricey and requires painting. http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/-/...s_964_965.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Techart fog light removal

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: