Sponsored by:

Engine Plug

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Plug

The plug pictured is in the engine fuse box. It has12 pins round that fit into a plastic moldied plug case. the female half is okay - it is only the male side that has failed.
Mine, either through age and heat or through rough handling, has decided to fall apart.
I have looked on the PET and cannot see that this plug housing is avaialable. Has anyone had this problem, is there a replacement plug housing or has anyone found an answer?
All suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by Twood; 06-16-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

i had to repair similar re my emergency flasher. Looks doable as you haven't lost much plastic.

Open it carefully AND TAKE CAREFUL PICS OF HOW THE WIRES ARE LOCATED (ask me how I know that ) https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ed-please.html

Also make a little map using the numbers on the plastic case and the colours of the wires.

then remove the wires from the case, clean the contacts and the case, file it smooth if neceessary and glue it back together with some exposy,
allow to dry for a couple hours, file off any overspilled glue, replace wires, and you're good/satisfied
Old 02-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If it helps, there is a 14 pole connector shown on PET illustration 902-66 Item 11.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
Open it carefully AND TAKE CAREFUL PICS OF HOW THE WIRES ARE LOCATED (ask me how I know that
Also make a little map using the numbers on the plastic case and the colours of the wires.
I second that! Took hours upon hours assuring that I put them in correctly using just the PET schematics!

Quick Reply: Engine Plug