Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Think this is what you intended

Old 01-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Masher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How was the Heigo rear roll cage to fit? I've seen some posts rating them as the best thing since sliced bread and others with either delivery issues or fitting issues. Since I'll be giving up the back seats anyway a bolt in solution like that could have appeal though still keen not to do anything that prevents the car from being returned to standard.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Strega(UK)
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being able to return the car to original is always on my mind, so everything I have done is so. The Heigo cage is great and easy to fit. Mine is the clubsport version with the extra braces where the back seat's go. They can be supplied in alloy but not sure how good they are.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Strega(UK)
Pro

Thank you Rephlex, not sure what happened there!!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a heigo rear cage, poles but use the standard belts.
Ive never felt the need for harnesses, the seats offer such good support.
The cage fits perfectly.
Iam 6"3 as well and dont have issues with height (mayb withwidth), seats are on southbound mounts.

Do it, its probably the best mod ive done.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Masher
Instructor

Ref Heigo, the web site is totally German so I have no understanding of what they are offering. How did you get on ordering? Phone, email, an English retailer of Heigo?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 PM
perelet
Instructor

I have Heigo aluminum roll bar & 6pt harness. Installation for 4pt will be much straight forward - no need to relocate DME, drill holes in the floor.

Heigo, is nice engineered piece for non hardcore/race cars. It was factory option for CS, I think. It weights only 18lb, less than rear seats + rear shelf with speakers = 23lb.

Problem is that it takes at least 4-5 months to build one. Some replacement parts are readily available.

Now-days, there's optional cross bar to mount harness from Heigo, but as discussed in THIS thread originally shoulder harness was mounted to rear firewall.

I reused 2nd factory mount hole. If you guys want, I can dig more pics of install.

Oleg.

Last edited by perelet; 01-03-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Masher, some would have you believe that you should not take to the track unless you have full cage, six point harnesses, plumbed in fire extinguisher, are wearing fire proof clothing and a HANS device. That's usually because they race cars and all of these things are required/advised. Especially when driving at ten tenths. For those of us that drive at seven tenths at best, we're far more likely to roll a car in a field when driving on the road than we are on the track. We weigh up the risks and decide accordingly. Personally I feel that quality harnesses will serve me better in a high speed shunt than a normal 3 point belt would.
Or, you can be instructing in a car that does a lazy spin at 40MPH, leaves the track, hits some ruts at 20MPH, does a 720 barrel roll........... You never know where it's going to bite you in the ***.

For the record, the three point 100% stock system (E36 M3 Coupe) worked fine. My concern after the fact was my arm flying out the window. How I subconsciously pulled my arms across my chest as the car began the roll on my side, I can only chalk up to having been on track for decades.

Most impacts I've seen on track (wheel-to-wheel and DE) over the years are rear/side-rear.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Masher
Ref Heigo, the web site is totally German so I have no understanding of what they are offering. How did you get on ordering? Phone, email, an English retailer of Heigo?
http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/96...Roll_Cage.html

Power marques were the UK distributor I believe but they appear to have shut down
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Any chance you guys know where to purchase the Heigo sticker on the roll bar?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 AM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just emailed heigo, in english.
And they replied in english.
No probs.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GT9111
Any chance you guys know where to purchase the Heigo sticker on the roll bar?
Funnily enough I was.thinking the same and emailed them earlier today asking if I could buy some, as the cage that was supplied with the car did not have any and in any event I have painted it before fitting. Within an hour I had a reply and some are now in the post, gratis. Happy chap
Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rephlex
Funnily enough I was.thinking the same and emailed them earlier today asking if I could buy some, as the cage that was supplied with the car did not have any and in any event I have painted it before fitting. Within an hour I had a reply and some are now in the post, gratis. Happy chap
Thanks! I'm in the same situation as you with a repainted bar. Do you have there email address?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GT9111
Thanks! I'm in the same situation as you with a repainted bar. Do you have there email address?
info@heigo.de

http://www.heigo.de/kontakt.html
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 AM
Strega(UK)
Pro

Originally Posted by Rephlex
Rephlex, any chance you could bump your order up by one? I am in need of one and had no idea you could buy them.

Quick Reply: UK street legal 4 point harness