Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Center Light Substitution Panel

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 AM
911wings
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to get too off topic, but what brand/kind of spoiler is that 911Jetta? i don't think I've seen one of those.

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
I saw your comment in another thread, so I thought throwing a couple pictures in there would help...

I was thinking about building a mesh panel also, but I'm pretty happy with my smoke vinyl wrap. To take the theme one step further, I even PhotoChopped R lights on the car a while back... I don't think the R lights work with the fat bumper, at least definitely didn't in the test image.

That said, I wonder if changing the engine grill cover would look good on a 964? Fabricated from .063 thick 3003-H14 perforated aluminum sheet? I asked some friends to make a sample for a 964 a while back (hint, hint if you are reading...).

Fabricated from .063 thick 3003-H14 perforated aluminum sheet
Old 12-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Bumping this thread because I just stumbled across something.

Look at the center reflector panel that this company sells. Check out this link, scroll down a bit.
http://www.clubautosport.co.uk/964%20FIBRE%20GLASS.htm

The hyperlinked images on the page don't work, but you can sorta get the idea from the thumbnails. Perhaps one of you UK folks can get in contact w/ this company?
Old 12-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Merle
Racer

Originally Posted by Vandit
Bumping this thread because I just stumbled across something.

Look at the center reflector panel that this company sells. Check out this link, scroll down a bit.
http://www.clubautosport.co.uk/964%20FIBRE%20GLASS.htm

The hyperlinked images on the page don't work, but you can sorta get the idea from the thumbnails. Perhaps one of you UK folks can get in contact w/ this company?
I'd be interested in one as well. Did you try emailing them?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

I have not tried contacting them since i'm not really in the market for this piece, but I figured some of you all would be interested in such a modification.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice find. For some reason i couldn't click on the link on their website though.

911jetta- any luck with that mesh grille? Its exactly what i want in place of my stock wing.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Drift71
3rd Gear

Sketchy just based off the fact that they are using a Singer as a marketing image.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:21 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drift71
Sketchy just based off the fact that they are using a Singer as a marketing image.
??

They are advertising Singer replica panels, what is 'sketchy' ?
Old 12-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Yea, the use of on official Singer licensed images is not a good practice.

Given the general appearance of their site, it doesn't seem like they put too much emphasis on their eCommerce presence. That doesn't automatically mean their products aren't good.

I found the site cause they also sell various Singer-look fiberglass components.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Drift71
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by freedman
??

They are advertising Singer replica panels, what is 'sketchy' ?
Issue One: It's an unlisenced use of someone else's product to boost the validity of the product on the site. (I'm sure Singer loves their product being used to sell replica / competitor product.)
Two: If the product they sell is good, it should stand on it's own merit.
Three: More personal opinion at this point, but if someone is willing to present their company and product to the public in this way, I would also suspect their integrity.

It's just shady business.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:13 AM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Bump, back on topic. I'm the OP of this thread and haven't found a source for the mesh style part I referenced in my original post yet. As I stated on page 1, I emailed RWB (Toshiya Tom Ichiraku), the International Director of RWB as stated in his signature block. He replied stating he could make the part, but never got back to me with the details. I kind of forgot too and have since temporarily lost interest, until now since I have a small wad of Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket.

I'll update this thread if I learn anything new.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Drift71
3rd Gear

Since you are entertaining a custom solution, there are a fair amount of custom fabricators that you can contact. I've seen these guys at SEMA, their work is nice. http://www.racemeshgrilles.com/customfabs.htm
Old 12-30-2013, 03:32 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
...911jetta- any luck with that mesh grille? Its exactly what i want in place of my stock wing.
I stopped looking into it when I discovered that it's not so easy to remove the grill from the decklid. I think it's bonded-in???

Regardless, Al Kosmal is the guy to contact regarding the grill. He posts a lot over at Pelican, and I think this is a link to his company:

http://www.x-faktory.com/More_page.html
Old 12-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Merle
Racer

I contacted the place in the UK about their reflector replacement panel and they are going to send me better pictures on the 2nd of January.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:14 AM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Simplest solution is to get rear-ended like me and Rally Guy, part was sourced and funded by the body shop. LOL
Old 12-31-2013, 02:27 AM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sultan
Simplest solution is to get rear-ended like me and Rally Guy, part was sourced and funded by the body shop. LOL
Though a new reflector panel would be nice, and that sounds like a sweet way to end up with one, it's not the intent of my original post. I think there are alternatives for the few of us who appreciate the well designed modified and lighter than stock alternative parts, along the lines of a brake duct (replaces fog lamps), sun roof delete (replaces non-performance related sun roof), and other numerous alternative ways to both remove weight and add style and a secondary purpose, such as venting of engine heat in the case of the subject of this thread. Not for the purest, I know, but I'm at peace with this style for my precious '91 C4.

Quick Reply: Rear Center Light Substitution Panel