Sponsored by:

Mintex Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 PM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mintex Brake Pads

I've had it with the dust, so I'm looking for a good street pad to replace whatever I have for pads now and dust reduction is my biggest priority. I was about to jump for some EBC RedStuff pads but was then referred to Mintex pads on Pelican as a low dust option. The Mintex are so much cheaper than anything I've been looking at. Should I go for the Mintex, or is this another "you get what you pay for" surprise lurking at the end?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 PM
provoste
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've run a 964 on mintex.. They're fine street pads- though they dust plenty. In my experience with various pagid compounds, hawk, mintex, textar, porterfield, and carbotechs- they all dust in various degrees of heavy. Keep solid performance pads on your car and clean your wheels more often. It's worth the sacrifice. Just my take...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNvgtr
I've had it with the dust, so I'm looking for a good street pad to replace whatever I have for pads now and dust reduction is my biggest priority. I was about to jump for some EBC RedStuff pads but was then referred to Mintex pads on Pelican as a low dust option. The Mintex are so much cheaper than anything I've been looking at. Should I go for the Mintex, or is this another "you get what you pay for" surprise lurking at the end?
My experience with the Mintex street pads is that once bedded, they work very well for street use.

I use them on my street cars and they make zero dust.

My customers are as pleased as I am,....
Old 10-06-2012, 10:59 AM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! There's quite a parity between those last two comments, but I'll probably lean toward Steve especially since I'm on the cheap end of the 964 owner spectrum. I'll hold on placing my order until Sunday night just in case I learn something different.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nowt wrong with mintex have used them on lots of my cars over the years and all good results....
Old 10-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNvgtr
Thanks! There's quite a parity between those last two comments, but I'll probably lean toward Steve especially since I'm on the cheap end of the 964 owner spectrum. I'll hold on placing my order until Sunday night just in case I learn something different.
FWIW,..I do stock them,...

Quick Reply: Mintex Brake Pads