Sponsored by:

Modified Belt Tensioner ID Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:59 PM
cumd20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified Belt Tensioner ID Help

Hi - as some of you heartless Rl-ers had burst my bubble on my last post with comments on detailing the car - I decided to get a full professional detail and paint correction completed - just this once

Anyway - as part of the detail the engine was steam cleaned and now I have two problems - engine stalling again and a belt squeak issue.

Fo the stalling issue I am still in diagnosis - as I type I am having all of the fuel and oil filters, rotor and dist caps replaced and a DME relay change out which will at worst case give me a spare.

But the belt squeak needs some help - there was no problem with noise before the detail. I have sprayed with belt dresser and that just made it worse - when the tensioner is pushed with a screwdriver back towards the cabin while the engine is running the noise goes away - so there is an alignment issue or a bearing is bust. I can only guess the steam clean removed some form of lubricant or we caused a scaling from slippage on the belt and that is why the issue has appeared after the detail.

Anyway - can anyone help identifying what components are used here for the belt - the pictures show how my car is set up given there is a TPC supercharger in place. Is this tensioner from a 993 or some other car - or is it some kind of aftermarket. The belt setup etc looks different from Adrians book on the 964 and anything I can see online.

Thanks
Attached Images     
Old 05-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cumd20
....Is this tensioner from a 993 or some other car - or is it some kind of aftermarket....
Engine looks so shiny.

That'll be a Dayco 89222 tensioner (part of the TPC kit).

Marc
Old 05-18-2012, 12:50 AM
cumd20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Engine looks so shiny.

That'll be a Dayco 89222 tensioner (part of the TPC kit).

Marc
Thanks Marc - after searching it seems like I need to buy the whole unit rather than the pulley only - I can find pulleys for every Dayco Tensioner Model but the 89222. Not that much price difference but it seems it would be easier to change the pulley.

If anyone on RL has access to the specs of the 89222 - mainly the ID and OD of the pulley and the bearing sizes I would appreciate it - if not I will order a complete unit?

Again much appreciated Marc.

Quick Reply: Modified Belt Tensioner ID Help