Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

camber/caster adjustments

Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeK
Chase: here in Switzerland, at the bi-annual tech inspection, the first thing the expert does is to pull out the swiss homologation sheet for the car, and go to town. Wheel diameter, width, tire size, brakes, car height. So there is NO WAY you'd pass with 18" wheels, and 17" had better be Porsche wheels or be Porsche-approved with paperwork.
Interesting...so what keeps one from putting on the approved wheels only once a year for inspection? Just curious.

As an aside, does Porsche actually "approve" any any aftermarket wheels?
Old 05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Chase, You could do that. However, should you get stopped on the roads for any reason, the cop may ask for the car's papers, and if he is the slightest bit knowledgeable, he'll ask for the wheels' certificate. if you don't have it, it is a fine and straight to inspection for the whole car, and by then they'll go to hard on you. I've seen it happen, and it ain't nice. Steering wheel, shift lever, wheel size (my 7&9 design 90s would be rejected on the spot), brakes, seats.... You don't want that to happen.
Granted the chances are slim, but if it happens....

But we digress. I am all for extracting more performance out of the 964, but this case is not propedeutic in its approach.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: camber/caster adjustments