Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odometer not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:32 PM
rarebear
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the problem some months ago and ordered the (wrong) sprocket wheel (duhh) so I could do the job again, it is not impossible but you need an hour without disturbance and methodical tinkering.
Getting the ring off that holds the glass is the worst...the step by step pictures on the net are very helpful !when the odo works again you feel like Ferdinand himself hehe
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 AM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNine64
There is an ABS relay that might be the source of an odometer and spoiler not functioning. I understand it could be the sensor as well but for me it was a relay.
It's been a little while now so forgive my bad memory. The link below describes typical symptoms. It doesn't reference the odometer but I remember it being part of the problem I had.

LINK HERE
Going to get the ABS relays on the way today and cross my fingers!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
PNine64
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SNOWBIRD
Going to get the ABS relays on the way today and cross my fingers!
Good luck. Please note that mine was also the Relay 34 that is in the front fuse box. I didn't replace the ones laker identified.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Good luck. Please note that mine was also the Relay 34 that is in the front fuse box. I didn't replace the ones laker identified.
Yep, thanks... Gonna give it a try. My ABS light is not on, and my selector lights for the Tiptronic work. But I'm giving the $82 relay a shot before I dig any deeper. If it weren't for your post, I would've pulled the speeedo and it would be on it's way to Hollywood speedo shop. My electronic trip odometer is working fine too, but the spoiler isn't, so it's worth a shot.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:43 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

The fan belt sensor wheel went last week, so I ordered it and was out of town for a few days, just got a chance to put both new parts on, the new sensor for the fan went on smoothly...

The relay didn't do the trick.. In fact, when I put in the new relay my ABS light DID come on... So I need to do a little re-reading and see what direction I want to go in next. I am wondering if the new relay isn't faulty, as the ABS light went out again as soon as I put the old relay back in.... ???
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
RonCoolZone
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

North Hollywood did mine for a modest cost-- contact them ......
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 AM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Originally Posted by RonCoolZone
North Hollywood did mine for a modest cost-- contact them ......
Mine should be back from them in the next day or so, they said it needed gears. Got my fingers crossed that it miraculously somehow solves the spoiler issue too.

Quick Reply: Odometer not working