CHEAP - Brand new replica Big Reds...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 01:09 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by pa951
First i'm trying to find someone who has them. Are these ok? I know to find a set if so.
These brake calipers, including the exact product photos (from design911, ebay, etc.) can be found on Alibaba. When you find them (with a little digging you can even find the exact cargo container that they came into the country in -- in the past i've done it for the POS carbon fiber replica GT3 seats that are bought in quanties of 1 for $200USD which Rotec, Design911, etc. turn-around and sell for $1200+), look at the company that manufactured them and then think real hard whether or not you want to take a chance? I would run a single-piston rear 964 caliper over one of these any day of the week. If you want big reds, paint your existing calipers red. If you want to decrease your stopping distance then buy better tires. If you are suffering from brake fade and/or over-heating THEN look at calipers and discs (if your fluid is not the problem) from a company that actually designs and tests their products. Calipers are under enormous stresses and all you need is for one of these to split on you at the mounting bosses because somebody that normally casts children's toys tried to save $0.03USD when they poured the aluminum because they either didn't know any better or didn't care.

Last edited by JasonAndreas; 05-27-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:46 PM
pa951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Thanks.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:45 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
These brake calipers, including the exact product photos (from design911, ebay, etc.) can be found on Alibaba. When you find them (with a little digging you can even find the exact cargo container that they came into the country in -- in the past i've done it for the POS carbon fiber replica GT3 seats that are bought in quanties of 1 for $200USD which Rotec, Design911, etc. turn-around and sell for $1200+), look at the company that manufactured them and then think real hard whether or not you want to take a chance? I would run a single-piston rear 964 caliper over one of these any day of the week. If you want big reds, paint your existing calipers red. If you want to decrease your stopping distance then buy better tires. If you are suffering from brake fade and/or over-heating THEN look at calipers and discs from a company that actually designs and tests their products. Calipers are under enormous stresses and all you need is for one of these to split on you at the mounting bosses because somebody that normally casts children's toys tried to save $0.03USD when they poured the aluminum because they either didn't know any better or didn't care.
All in all, very good advise!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:39 AM
pa951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it is. I'll save up and buy the new big reds.

Quick Reply: CHEAP - Brand new replica Big Reds...