Sponsored by:

Child seats - recaro monza

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:47 PM
steve geden
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child seats - recaro monza

Bit of a boring subject, but does anyone have any experience of fitting child seats in the back of a coupe? My two sons (3 and 4) need to experience a proper car, the Volvo just doesn't cut it for them any more! After looking at the porscheshop website, they recommend the recaro Monza. Does anyone have any experience of this seat, does it fit, or is there another that works better. Thanks, Steve
Old 10-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

Volvo actually makes a seat that fits perfectly. I tried a bunch of others, but nothing fit. No experience with the recaro, but check your Volvo dealers parts dept. Mine was 80 dollars or so, and is only 10.5 inches wide in the back so it fits snug without taking away all her leg room.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:41 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Phil and Teds Tott XT fits nicely as it has a narrow base. It has the integral harness for kids under 18kg which can be removed after they are 15kg. The only issue is that the standard seat belt can be too short to loop around the back of the seat when you are using the harness for the under 15kg kids; an extension would be a quick fix for this. My kids are 3 and 5 and in excess of 20kg so I have removed the harness iaw with the instructions. I cut some marine type anti skid mats to size to place between the leather seats and the booster in order to stabilise it slightly (the type that stop your dinner plate sliding across a boat table) and they are as snug as a bug in a rug. Only minor issues are that knee room for the kids is a bit limited, especially on a longer trip where I move the base forward a bit to recline them so they can sleep without their heads lolling forward. I'm 6' so end up driving with my knees up around my ears but don't mind a bit. It has pretty good head protection, allows them to easily see out the rear window and when they get older, the back comes off to become a simple booster. Designed in NZ but available globally. http://philandteds.com/products/drive/tottxt
The Maxi Cosi Rodi XR is a similar design which fits but is more expensive (at least in NZ) for no apparent gain.
The kids just love riding in Daddy's noisy racing car!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM
wagonface
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the UK I know people recommend the Concord Ultimax (I think thats its name) - c.£200 from halfords. Google that to see what other people say about it.

Otherwise there are some second hand seats around - I bought a klippan futura.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Child seats - recaro monza