Linen Carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:07 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Linen Carpet?

Hi guys,

Im thinking about replacing my Linen carpet in the 964 as wet-vacuuming just isnt getting it as clean as i'd like and it takes up a big part of my pre-show prep.

Does anyone know if you can buy "fit yourself" linen carpet kits for RHD cars and likely costs? Ideally in the UK but im not fussed if they post internationally.

Ive got a bad feeling that carpets this colour may not be available as it wasnt a common colour.

Let me know your thoughts

Chris
Old 09-01-2011, 05:31 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpets

Chris,

I bought a set for my 3.2 a few years back from these guys

www.cabrio.de

the quality was excellent and at the time the exchange rate was spot on and the set cost me about £360 and I think you are probably looking nearer to £500 now, pretty sure they will have linen however as you know they are murder to look after
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

I just bought a complete Linen leather interior out of a 35K car and plan to replace my Cashmere interior, which is totally shot. I was debating whether to resell the Linen carpet and buy new black carpet. I'm sure the black would be more serviceable, and I think it would tone down the interior a little too. The White on "White" may be too much, as pointed out by my Rennlist friends when I asked for opinions about the swap on a previous post. I recently bought a MB C350 with white leather interior / back carpet and I really like it. It does have a little more black than the Porsche Linen interior, however.

What would you do deutschland-dobson? (Sorry to hijack your post?)
Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought my light grey RS carpets from Southbound, £750. Be prepared for a wallet thrashing.

Kevin
Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by altarchsa
I just bought a complete Linen leather interior out of a 35K car and plan to replace my Cashmere interior, which is totally shot. I was debating whether to resell the Linen carpet and buy new black carpet. I'm sure the black would be more serviceable, and I think it would tone down the interior a little too. The White on "White" may be too much, as pointed out by my Rennlist friends when I asked for opinions about the swap on a previous post. I recently bought a MB C350 with white leather interior / back carpet and I really like it. It does have a little more black than the Porsche Linen interior, however.

What would you do deutschland-dobson? (Sorry to hijack your post?)
Call me mad, but I like the full Linen. Its all personal taste tho

Ive off-set mine with bits of black trim tho.

Here's a pic of pretty much how it looks at the mo (ignore the dirty carpet behind the pedals which as been replaced!).

Ive fitted black overmats, black centre console and soon to fit black handbrake to off-set the Linen.

Im going full leather interior now (mix of black leather with red stitch detail and linen leather) so things will change a bit once the trimmers give me my stuff back!!!

It all depends really one how much you use your car and how much effort you want to put in to keep the Linen looking good.

HTH!

Chris
Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Great looking interior. The red piping and wheel really set it off. I had not thought about a black console top and gearshift, but that would certainly be more durable, and it looks good in yours. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

I was worried about Southbounds price!

Ive just checked out the website that Gaz mentioned and prices look OK. Gaz, what "version" of carpet did you go for? Standard?

Chris
Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Default carpet

Chris,

pretty sure I still have the paperwork somewhere, I will check in the morning but it was one of the velours( think it was described as strickvelour ?) I went for I still have the carpet that goes round the pedals I can stick it in the post to you if you want to see the quality. the only bits that were a pain to fit was the carpet on the door bins the rest of it pretty straightforward and excellent fit.

(replaced my linen with navy Blue)

Last edited by GazC2; 02-04-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:12 PM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

If you could keep me posted if you find the receipt bud? I'm ok on pedal carpet now as a kind club member (Gary) helped me out
Old 09-03-2011, 03:19 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Default carpets

chris,

its amazing how time fly`s I ordered these in 2003 and the cost was 409 euro + tax which ended up at 515 euro with postage and as I mentioned these were described as strickvelour which is not on their latest listing however pretty sure they will be able to clarify the equivelant, they are also happy to send you samples which is then deducted from your order ( I still have some samples). I looked at southbound but the price is top end ( no doubting the quality however) and also spoke to coverdale carpets .

my recomendation would be cabrio

cheers

Gaz
Old 09-03-2011, 04:41 PM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Cheers Gaz! It's a good winter job I think and even the missus thought the price good! I'll give them a shout on what the equivalent is.

Chris
Old 09-03-2011, 05:56 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Team leader happy that`s a result , I used a spray adhesive from halfords to fit a bit off work involved with the door bins and front footwell blower covers but easy enough if you take your time as you say nice little project for the winter, my other half was delighted when she came home and found the carpet all over the living room ! (needed a template to figure out what went where)
Old 09-03-2011, 06:27 PM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Already had the finger pointed for cleaning bits of carpet in doors

cheers for the tip bud

chris

Quick Reply: Linen Carpet?