Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy Friday - Weekend plans?

Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by alanp
Dealing with storm preparation & most likely cleanup by Sunday.
Have a safe weekend!
We will be keeping an eye on the news for status of Irene, and how things fare for our son and wife and 2 grandsons in Milton, DE. (who have decided to stay put, against our recommendations as parents and grandparents...). He shutdown the brewery and boarded up the pub today. I hope he protects the family as much as the beer.

For me, it's another weekend of continuing to clean shtuff out of the garage and selling bits to raise some Pcar funds.

Be safe.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:55 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Axeman
Sam,

I couldn't make it to Laguna, my friend's team is racing is out there this weekend. They gave me some bad news a few hours ago. One of the drivers I knew died this morning at the track, so I thought he crashed. Called my buddy right away and he said nope no crash, they had the driver's meeting and went out for the 1st session he saw him come off the track as if the car had died. By the time the medics got there, he wasn't breathing apparently, and he died from a heart attack in the car, very sad
Anyway I will try to make it to the event on Sunday we'll take my wife's 996.

Cheers!
'Axeman' - I just felt my heart flutter when I read this. So maybe the consolation is he died enjoying himself. My condolences to his family and friends. What a shock for his family. I will be calling in to my friends (HRGruppe) after this, to just check in with them and ensure they're fine. Thanks for the update.

I'll be there on Sunday, if you want to meet and say hello during the Car Show, my number is (949) 254-1448.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeman
Sam,

I couldn't make it to Laguna, my friend's team is racing is out there this weekend. They gave me some bad news a few hours ago. One of the drivers I knew died this morning at the track, so I thought he crashed. Called my buddy right away and he said nope no crash, they had the driver's meeting and went out for the 1st session he saw him come off the track as if the car had died. By the time the medics got there, he wasn't breathing apparently, and he died from a heart attack in the car, very sad
Anyway I will try to make it to the event on Sunday we'll take my wife's 996.

Cheers!
Sorry for your friend and his family. Glad no one else was hurt when it happened.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks everyone, yes very sad to receive news like this. Of course when you first hear of someone dying at the race track you think of the worse. Glad it wasn't a crash and no one was injured. As Sam mentioned at least he went out behind the wheel of a Porsche which he loved, so that's a consolation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Happy Friday - Weekend plans?