Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Seat mounts and runners - Alternative to OEM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
mf_rsr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RS Seat mounts and runners - Alternative to OEM?

Hi all.

Another seat related question from me. I've been having long conversations with Dave from Southbound in the UK - the *oracle* when it comes to this sort of thing - about acquiring runners and adaptors for genuine RS seats, without using the OEM (£££) equipment. He hasnt got a solution unfortunately , but maybe somebody on here has actually played around with this problem before...

So, has anybody actually used an aftermarket mount/ runner combo on genuine RS seats to fit into a 964? If so, please please please share

Alternatively, does anyone know of any second-hand OEM equipment for sale?

Many thanks for looking, m
Old 08-26-2011, 06:05 AM
mf_rsr
Pro

Bump
Old 08-26-2011, 03:44 PM
tat
Advanced

The distance between fore and aft mounting holes on the RS shell are the same as on Recaro Pole Positions and SPGs (286mm). However, the width of the RS shell is somewhere between that of a Pole Position (430mm) and a standard (not XL) SPG (395mm). Hence it should be possible to mount an RS seat on Pole Position sidemounts, with spacers to fill out the gap between the sidemounts and the seat.

I don't know the width of the RS shell, but it's close to 415mm, so you'd need to space out about 15mm in total, across both sides.

Another thing to consider is the resulting seat height. Mounted in the same sidemounts, each type of seat will sit at different heights. So I'd suggest using sidemounts with variable height settings.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:37 PM
mf_rsr
Pro

Awesome work tat...gives me something to go on!

Quick Reply: RS Seat mounts and runners - Alternative to OEM?