Sponsored by:

Hawk's Friday post- May 20

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hawk's Friday post- May 20

Well, I did attempt to put the cab top back together. I realized a few bolts needed to be replaced, so those are on order and I'm waiting impatiently. The weather is getting nice, finally, and I have only a few weeks before some of our Porsche club activities.

I'm not sure what the full repair will require, so it may be manual operation of the top using the electronics to lock the top in place. I'd like to get it all back to fully electronic. not much else. I've got the car on a battery tender, and it runs well.

Plans for the weekend include a photo session with a woman that wants to break into plus modeling, and Prom pictures for our friends daughter. She's been on here, in fact I think I posted her again. she wanted some studio shots. I'm going to print a large 16x20 for her from that last session. It's been fun to see her grow up, and for me to see how my skills have grown over the last 3 yrs.

so... what have you got planned?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:44 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

no car stuff ot her than driving them. I need to bush hog my property tomorrow and get some stuff together for my first crabbing and fishing trip of the summer up in Virginia over the long weekend.
Unfortunately my boss at work took another job in Atlanta so I am going to go back to full time and running the survey department again. The last 10 months have been great in semi retirement only having to work 25 hours a week and no more headaches of being management for the last 20+ years. Oh well more money more to spend on toys. I would like to buy a new truck
Old 05-20-2011, 11:55 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Congrats on the promotion Jim!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
Congrats on the promotion Jim!
I dont really want it but like I said more money for toy just not as much free time to play with them.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:27 PM
hawk911
Race Car

since you're a geezer now, maybe you should rethink that time thing
Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

All I can think of today is Chesapeake Crabs... getting some blue crabs with Old Bay seasoning... I blame Jim for his photos in his Virginia place...

Old 05-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Will be spending Saturday in the garage. Most of the time will be spent disassembling my GF's Honda Civic. It has a defective alternator and a leaky main seal. I've decided to replace the alternator, main seal, timing belt and water pump. Might as well do it all, right? The parts are on order. To remove the crank pulley, requires a special Honda tool. Fortunately, Amazon had it for $17. If we have time, I will remove my 964 speedometer to replace some dead light bulbs. I have them waiting on the bench.

Sunday will be spent at my local PCA region autocross. My GF will be driving her first time. She's a bit nervous but I hope she enjoys it. I will be the support crew. I want the day to be all about her. We've had 5+ days of rainy days but the weather should be nice on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather forecast is right.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I had an IT project go-live Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. It went very smoothly but was still at work until 3:30 am, Flew home last night/this morning on a redeye. Wasn't sure what day it was, until I saw this thread. No P-car work planned, other than to re-install the passenger seat. Heated seat relays are shot and backordered from Germany, and despite a 4x30 watt Alpine stereo and MB Quart speakers all around, it still sounds horrible. The amp was already by-passed, so I'm thinking the stock cross-overs are still in the door.

Last edited by Laker; 05-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Hawk's Friday post- May 20