Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   TGIFriday (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/621458-tgifriday.html)

hawk911 03-11-2011 12:23 PM

TGIFriday

Well, not much planned just yet. Trying to finalize some plans for photography, which means moving the Porsche again. this time it's been on the trickle charger all week and showing green right now. I really can't wait for spring, but I REALLY need to get the top sorted. Hoping to start ripping into it this weekend too, if the session falls thru. I'm going to pull out seats too, and give it a good cleaning. this will probably turn into a full restoration the way my OCD works. :banghead:

Would love to get some trackmats too. Got to see how much the motors/repairs on the top will be though. VERY tempted to just order.

so what have you got going on? BTW- it's supposed to be in the 50s next week. Even more tempted to take the car out, but there's still a TON of gravel/salt mix on the roads.

raspberryroadster 03-11-2011 12:39 PM

1 a.m. here, aftershocks continue in tokyo...epicentre approx 175 km n.e. offshore & very shallow only 26km. nearest area - sendai, quite rural (about 1 million people) but devastated with hundreds killed, many missing.
tsunami reported as high as 10metres in some areas.

tokyo seems minimal damage. our apt is 10th fl of 11 storey blding.... and its pretty skinny (say 110-120s.m. per floor)....so got whipped around pretty good. managed to save all electronics (new big screen tv on hands & knees, & all paintings...but did lose some jade & pottery pieces -highly prized,
along with dishes, glassware...as cupboards emptied.

weekend plans....trip to local diy shop (tokyu hands) for earthquake installation kits to affix tv, fridge etc

Laker 03-11-2011 12:43 PM

Glad to hear you are ok...Japan took a devastating hit

hawk911 03-11-2011 12:46 PM

Raspberry... I can't imagine the devastation in Japan. I'm glad to hear you're physically ok. Thoughts go out to Japan and the Pacific rim that are affected by this tragedy

Rocket Rob 03-11-2011 01:59 PM

Raspberry - Glad you are ok.

Removed my cab's engine/tranny last Saturday. This Sat, I will separate the two and begin inspecting the wiring damage. Leaning strongly towards rebuilding the engine while its out. I have always wanted to do it myself. I took Bruce Anderson's class 5 years ago. I know I will need some tools.

Sunday will be spent at my GF's condo finishing painting and cleaning getting it ready to put on the market.

Hawk - Its been in the low 50's here too. I was tempted to drive the 964 to work this morning. But I decided not to due to the salt/grit on the roads. Looking forward to driving it again. I saw a 964 on the commute home yesterday. It was a black C2 with D90's. I was jealous.

911Jetta 03-11-2011 02:17 PM

the sweet smell of racing fuel in the morning

Fellow RLer ian89c4 will be showing up at my house this evening with his car on a trailer, ready to attack VIR on Sat/Sun!

I've offered to put him up for the night, so we'll geek out over each others' car for awhile (actually, geek out more over his car) and then head out early the next morning. Unfortunately I won't be tracking my car, but the second best thing will be to follow him up, help him upload the car and set up camp at the track. While he's at tech/driver's meeting/on track, I'll just wander around for awhile absorbing the sweet smell of racing fuel in the morning...and of course take lots of pictures :cool:

Then I'll be back by 1 PM to watch my son's soccer game...can't wait for Saturday!

KaiB 03-11-2011 02:43 PM

Raspberry, glad all is good with you and yours. God Bless those not so fortunate.

Construction continues here at Bugtussle (future home of Bugtussle Racing when Claudia (our new RSA) arrives). I'm exhausted and a physical wreck, but fly out Sunday for a conference in Coos Bay, OR...look forward to sleep and fresh fish.

Kai

Laker 03-11-2011 02:58 PM

dropping my cab off at the wrench to do an annual inspection (no emissions though, now registered as a "Classic")
chase down some oil leaks, plus several odds and ends :D. It is not going to be cheap.

altarchsa 03-11-2011 03:27 PM

Just rename this "The Weekly Hawk Post". Thank you for regularly initiating our weekly commraderie.

No thoughts of 964s this weekend. My Ex of 28 years and mother of my 5 kids passed away yesterday after a battle with MS. Please contribute to cure this terrible disease.

Jim Richards 03-11-2011 03:31 PM

Friday was DMV day for me. DC inspection, title and plates all taken care of. :)

DaveK 03-11-2011 04:00 PM

Main event for me this weekend is dropping the turbo off for a remap. 420bhp is not enough......

So the 964 will be daily car for a few days - and I did use it a couple of days this week anyway. I am still debating whether I need two cars though.

hawk911 03-11-2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by altarchsa (Post 8375540)
Just rename this "The Weekly Hawk Post". Thank you for regularly initiating our weekly commraderie.

No thoughts of 964s this weekend. My Ex of 28 years and mother of my 5 kids passed away yesterday after a battle with MS. Please contribute to cure this terrible disease.

Ex or not, terribly sorry to hear this. I know a few people with the disease. My thoughts to you and your family.