Sponsored by:

Photo evidence

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 AM
RacinToday
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photo evidence

My quest for new tires goes on and I sure could use some help if you have: First, an itchy shutter finger; Second original 225-55-16s on the rear of your car.
I have meatier 245-50s on right now. It is tough finding replacements for the biggies but easy finding the originals. While I generally am more concerned about performance over aesthetics, I like the look of the biggies. There, I said it.
Does anybody have a photo of from behind of the 225-55s I could preview before purchasing?

Also, will the smaller tires fit the rims I have the bigger tires on now?

Also, the tires I have are manufacture dated to the year 2000. Thoughts on 11-year-old tires?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I definitely would NOT drive very fast or hard on 11yo tires.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RacinToday
My quest for new tires goes on and I sure could use some help if you have: First, an itchy shutter finger; Second original 225-55-16s on the rear of your car.
I have meatier 245-50s on right now. It is tough finding replacements for the biggies but easy finding the originals. While I generally am more concerned about performance over aesthetics, I like the look of the biggies. There, I said it.
Does anybody have a photo of from behind of the 225-55s I could preview before purchasing?

Also, will the smaller tires fit the rims I have the bigger tires on now?

Also, the tires I have are manufacture dated to the year 2000. Thoughts on 11-year-old tires?

Iffy at best. They are probably harder than when they were new. Most do not recommend any tires more than about 4 or 5 years old. Some places like Discount wont even touch a tire that old.

Quick Reply: Photo evidence