Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Redcoat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laker
No spare DME relay? Just in case

Nope.... I like to live on the edge

Wheres the best place to get one - Pelican?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:49 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

What a great weekend. Cars and coffee was huge...everyone is ready for winter to be over!

Thanks for everyone's concern about the car. The track spin was what it was (slapped brake marker #4 backwards at 100 mph). I was going for it on a wet track, and with my limited skills, something's bound to happen? Actually it was an amazing feeling to spin around at that speed...I hope to keep torturing this car for another 100,000+ miles. What a car, what fun!

The paint shop also took care of a couple other scratches (and the panel already had some minor orange peel from a previous owner respray job), so the car looks even better than before. It's crazy to think my car had a couple dents in the fender earlier this week...days later I rolled up to this nice parking stop!

Enjoy the random pictures...
Attached Images                
Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob:
.... While I have the engine out, I am considering rebuilding the motor. Its got 230K miles and has a few drips. I'm sure it could use some freshening...

Originally Posted by Laker
Don't do it! You'll have to change your signature and won't be the legend with 230K on the original engine. The oil endorsements will disappear, just sayin'
+2. Laker is right!

Quick Reply: Plans for the weekend?