Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track day ramblings and questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I have So2's on mine, although 18's. I had to take about 8-9lb out of each from normal street pressures to stop them squirming when I was with Steve at Donnington last year. Mine are about 3 years old and have had a reasonably hard life, a few track days, trips to Le Mans and street driving....

The can move a lot when overheating, but once at the right pressure were ok for about 10-12 laps, after which they would slide an awful lot, and looking at the nearside rear it had marbles all over the edge of the rim/tread, looked pretty scary to begin with.

It's about learning what your car can do, I'd still choose So2's over cups, but's thats my choice.

Steve might be able to let you know if he saw my car move a lot as he video'd it once or twice.

kevin
Old 03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warmfuzzies

Steve might be able to let you know if he saw my car move a lot as he video'd it once or twice.
I don't recall seeing anything out of the ordinary or see anything after just checking back at the videos. A 964 moving around a bit just as it should

I think Unkle should reserve judgement until comparing this wet day with a dry day. I wouldn't be surprised if the squirming is much less pronounced on a dry day. We all speed up each lap as we get more confident and maybe at the end of the second lap, he was just getting to the limit of grip for the wet conditions and his car was feeding this back to him?
Old 03-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Unkle
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could be right, although i was (i felt) going the same speed. I remember be followed into a tight corner before the back straight and getting lots of opposite lock to correct a slide (forgot about that little one). Didn't seem to happen at any point in the day in the C4 but it was a forth lap when i tried to push. Either way i have been informed i should get 20+ mins sessions on PS2 so i should soon find out. As i say the car is so much better now with the new tyres.

P.S mud flaps work great too thanks!! michelin-ps2 vs continental sc2

Couple of pics

Quick Reply: Track day ramblings and questions