Sponsored by:

URGENT feedback re DROP LINKS pls

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default URGENT feedback re DROP LINKS pls

Cars in the garage having some work done.

It's a C4 with H&R sway bars.

Problem at front: Sway bar is rubbing against drive shaft.

Apparent solution: Change drop links for RS ones?

What are the findings of C4 owners with H&R sway bars regarding this problem?

Is it possible I've been wrongly supplied with C2 H&R sway bars?

Thanks?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank,

AFAIK, sway bars are the same for 2 & 4

Mines a 4 with H&R and my standard droplinks are absolutely fine (well I havent looked but I hope they are!)

RS drop links wont fit on the front because of the driveshafts (or so Ive read)
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by freedman
Frank,

AFAIK, sway bars are the same for 2 & 4

Mines a 4 with H&R and my standard droplinks are absolutely fine (well I havent looked but I hope they are!)

RS drop links wont fit on the front because of the driveshafts (or so Ive read)
Thanks for the quick feedback! Yes, I've figured they were the same, thanks.

Mine are at the furthest out mounting point... GT one seem to think moving them to the other mounting point may work...

Do you know what mounting point yours are on?

Also thanks for the info on the RS drop links!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:04 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From memory mine is on the softer setting front and rear, which is the outboard mounting point I believe
Old 03-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by freedman
From memory mine is on the softer setting front and rear, which is the outboard mounting point I believe
This is odd then because I set it up at the softer setting also! I don't understand! H&R should be calling at some point, we'll see what they say.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:05 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

My car is a C2, so probably not much help here, but I installed the RS drops and found they work fine. I don't believe the stock drop links would have worked as the A arm might have been in the way. The (factory 5 way) 24 MM Front bar, barely misses the power steering canister, maybe 2 mm of space there.

Have the KW's been fitted? I just completed the install on mine, and absolutely love them... Best of luck with yours...
Old 03-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a C4 with TRG bars and stock drop-links on the middle of three settings with no rub issues - sounds like it might be a H&R bar issue and worth giving them a call.

Marc
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by christallon
My car is a C2, so probably not much help here, but I installed the RS drops and found they work fine. I don't believe the stock drop links would have worked as the A arm might have been in the way. The (factory 5 way) 24 MM Front bar, barely misses the power steering canister, maybe 2 mm of space there.

Have the KW's been fitted? I just completed the install on mine, and absolutely love them... Best of luck with yours...
Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
I have a C4 with TRG bars and stock drop-links on the middle of three settings with no rub issues - sounds like it might be a H&R bar issue and worth giving them a call.

Marc
The KW3s are in! And I love them What a complete and utter dream car! I find myself completely rediscovering corners, cornering speeds and the precision in the steering is brilliant! I can't imagine what the car will be like post geometry!

I spoke to H&R and couple of other places and apparently I'm the only one with the issue... however the garage is going to try the other mounting point... we shall see...

Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:46 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Frank,

Congrats on the install . I know what you mean about rediscovering familiar corners a-new. I'm getting new tires (Hankook Ventus R-S3) on Friday, then an appointment with the local Geo wizard at some point in the next few weeks. I want to drive the car a little to settle the suspension before taking it in. All very exciting!!! Do you know your bump and rebound settings by chance? I believe they are measured from full hard or closed, then dialed back from there. Again Congrats
Old 03-02-2011, 02:46 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds great Frank....you're now just about set for our day at Donington this summer
Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by christallon
Frank,

Congrats on the install . I know what you mean about rediscovering familiar corners a-new. I'm getting new tires (Hankook Ventus R-S3) on Friday, then an appointment with the local Geo wizard at some point in the next few weeks. I want to drive the car a little to settle the suspension before taking it in. All very exciting!!! Do you know your bump and rebound settings by chance? I believe they are measured from full hard or closed, then dialed back from there. Again Congrats
Mine are currently at the hardest setting, I've told the garage to dial it a few notches softer.

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Sounds great Frank....you're now just about set for our day at Donington this summer
Absolutely! I'm dying to get a hot film conversion done by then!

Quick Reply: URGENT feedback re DROP LINKS pls