Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for one of adrians posts!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 PM
napaul
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking for one of adrians posts!

hey guys i am trying to locate something i believe i read posted by adrian regarding the quality improvements someone could make to the 89 964 c4 and i can't find it.....so i'm going to put it out there again and if adrian would like to chime in as well as anyone else please do so....i own an 89 964 c4 engine is being rebuilt top to bottom,clutch is being replaced also....so what are the worth while improvements one could make to the early 89"s that are a good upgrade for an everday streeet driver no track use. i remeber reading something about the dme,alignment.....anything else that significantly affect and improves the cars characteristics....i aplogize if this road has been traveled before but i wanted to make a hit list of things to get done
Old 02-23-2011, 08:00 AM
rarebear
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

strut brace ? LFW ?
Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Dave White
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on how much you want to spend? I went all out and did the 3.8L conversion. As far as Adrian, I have his book, and he went with suspension, chip, and different sway bars than stock. But he didn't recommend 17" wheels, and there probably aren't many of us that don't have these, so one person's opinion. You would do better to look at what guys are doing now, as the components and choices are better than they were when Adrian posted here years ago. There are also guys more qualified and experienced with these cars that can help you get what you want. Check out threads by Steve Weiner, Bill Gregory, Geoffrey, Ninemeister, etc.

You already have a LWF by the way, no dual mass on 89's! I would change the clutch slave also as this becomes a problem and starts "sticking". I think RS spec alignment is what you are referring to, that would be good, as long as you expect accelerated tire wear.

Quick Reply: looking for one of adrians posts!