Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone from Atascadero, CA area know this 964?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Does anyone from Atascadero, CA area know this 964?

http://www.5-aces.net/911/

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/2207832276.html

Anyone know of this car? It looks sharp despite the cracked dash and slight damage disclosed in the trunk. Seems be be priced well too. Im toying with the idea of checking it out but figured someone might know the owner or car.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 PM
tombou
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the color.
What would worry me is that the metal is crumpled, but doesnt seem to have any signs of mishap on the bumpers. Perhaps it was painted?
It would be best to have it looked at by an autobody shop. It wouldnt be surprising if there are similar signs in the rear from being spun.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:38 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What are you expecting? If you want a driver, sure why not. But cars like these when bought in terms of thinking it's a "deal" can easily get to nice car money. Then you're buried. You can't take an iffy high miler and not be 100% DIY.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:40 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Id simply be looking for a weekend driver, along with some auto-x / HPDE. I just fear exactly what you are warning me against, I don't want to be in this car for over $20k within months of owning it - although I am open to learning how to DIY.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:39 AM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

I think that it would be hard to do that kind of damage from a minor accident.

And with these cars you will spend some money, but make sure a PPI is done.

And the area code is from CO, not CA, so it may have wintered in CO.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:45 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

That's damage from hitting a curb, or a big rock. Ask me how I know. It can snarl the smile, which can be straightened without repairing the crumpled tub, and you wouldn't see any other obvious signs of damage until you got underneath or in the trunk. Easily hammered out if it created a water leak, or just leave it if you're not that particular. That damage wouldn't deter me on a 144K car, since there would be other more much more important considerations.

If you get it, don't like the Linen interior, and decide to replacele it, let me know. I've been wanting to switch my Cashmere to Linen.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM
la crosse
Advanced

I think that this sounds like a SCREAMING deal! Just keep in mind that there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Porsche.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Dsqr964
Instructor

Well, that's a little less then what I paid for my 91' Tip C2 other than the damage in the trunk and the dash, I say the price is not to bad. Mileage on mine right in the ball park, BTW I use mine as my DD.
I would check the damage and as others have said maybe a body shop, but def the PPI. Let us know how she turns out. -D²

P.S. Just become familure with DIY projects here in the forums, these guys have helped me out with the knowledge that is here. Saves a lot of time and grief during the project. -D²

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone from Atascadero, CA area know this 964?