964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy Friday - Plans for the weekend?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:11 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arranged, then took a test drive (i was passenger the company's track trained test driver was the pilot)
in newest rocketship on the block here....tesla.
wow not only fast 0-60 (3.7)....but acceleration is like right now, almost scary how steep the accel curve is.
price is about 13 million yen. 3yr 60,000km warranty. options list limited but priced huge.

only 2500 of tesla roadsters (fully hand assembled) will be built. 1500 have been sold so 1000 remain to be built (approx 4 mos order lag) before production is halted & company focuses 100% on its sedan.

-no transmission, just go pedal & brake no sound except when under WOT ( or whatever wot equivalent in an electric car is)...then high pitched turbo whine.

corporate ownership now includes toyota, daimler, panasonic..they got a heck of a deal on purchase of state of the art production facility in CA from toyota, & have lots of fresh cash in the bank - so sure seems likely to survive.

based on status of my investment portfolio....this is the only tesla i could afford at this time (and i have 2 as my wife & i each rec'd 1 "thank" us for test drive & providing our background information).

Old 02-19-2011, 08:54 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Nothing much on the P-car........................just dropping the engine.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:16 AM
hawk911
Race Car

good luck Lou!
Old 02-19-2011, 02:02 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawk911
good luck Lou!
thanks

All of the connections were taken care of prior to my 2 week vacation in Jamaica, now "Vacation - Part Deux" is underway!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:59 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its my first weekend home in 4 weeks. Since starting my new job, I have slept at home 4 nights out of the last 6 weeks. Who says the economy is down?

The only p-car activity was a short drive last night.
I am kicking my self as I was in Manhattan for a bunch of days. Ilko, I neglected to get in touch with you... I will remember for next time.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:00 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 186 Posts

Let me know when you're back in town Tom!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:15 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Originally Posted by LouZ
thanks

All of the connections were taken care of prior to my 2 week vacation in Jamaica, now "Vacation - Part Deux" is underway!
How was the trip? Where did you stay? Hope it went well for you? I was there for the Jazz & Blues Festival...
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Rob,

You can completely disassemble the speedometer and change the mileage to whatever you like. Not that I condone it but it's not that difficult to do on these cars.

The needle I just press firmly it should be fine.

Fitting the bezel wasn't difficult, the alloy is very soft, just use the top of a dining knife or a flat head screwdriver to bend it back in place. It doesn't look perfect, but once you put the rubber ring around it it's not visible anymore.
Ilko - I was able to get the needle back on and the bezel reattached. Thanks for the advice. I won't be able to test it for a while. Waiting for the road salt to go away. It was very tempting on Sat afternoon to go out.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:07 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SAM DACOSTA
How was the trip? Where did you stay? Hope it went well for you? I was there for the Jazz & Blues Festival...
We have been doing the all-inclusive, couples only vacations for the past dozen years. We went to Sandals, Montego Bay, had a suite on the beach with Butler service, and I Veg'ed out for the duration. Had enough good times that we are booked (AGAIN) for next year. As to Part Deux, the engine is out and sitting on the garage floor, so the VACATION continues (at least for me)!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Originally Posted by LouZ
We have been doing the all-inclusive, couples only vacations for the past dozen years. We went to Sandals, Montego Bay, had a suite on the beach with Butler service, and I Veg'ed out for the duration. Had enough good times that we are booked (AGAIN) for next year. As to Part Deux, the engine is out and sitting on the garage floor, so the VACATION continues (at least for me)!
Always glad to hear when others visit my island Jamaica and leave with a good experience. "Once you go, you know."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Happy Friday - Plans for the weekend?