Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squealing pads continue!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Mc.Queen 964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but if I press the brake only a little bit, but only touching it it disapear.. You don't have to press hard..
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
I'm more worried about the 26mm rotor width spec. mentioned above by Rob and Turbo911cm.

It's actually a little less than that. I have The Bentley Tech data book in front of me and on page 46-5 for non Turbo/Turbo Look

Thickness New
F 28mm
R 24mm

Thickness wear limit
F 26mm
R 22mm

Minimum Thickness after machining
F 26.6mm
R 22.6mm

So the lip can only really be .7mm on each side, Makes sense as the .6mm is to give you some wear after machining.

My old ones are heading for the trash unless my town accepts them for recycling, any other suggestions?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Laker
...My old ones are heading for the trash unless my town accepts them for recycling, any other suggestions?
Laker,
Thanks for the Bentley tech info., good to know the exact specs.

Regarding what to do with your old rotors...I'm thinking of playing with them and making something artsy with it to hang on my garage wall or turn it into a neat coffee table bowl, etc.

I once threw away an old bike and one of my friends nearly killed me. He turns stuff like that into speaker stands and coffee tables...
Old 01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

I recycled my old rotors. My town has a scrap metal bin in their recycling center. I'm not artistic enough to make them into coffee tables.

911Jetta - Do you have any pictures? I'm curious to see.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

they are so darn heavy, it think they are a liability for making wind chimes or something artsy.
I can already hear the recycling guy cursing me as he lifts my bin into the truck
Old 01-27-2011, 12:59 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
911Jetta - Do you have any pictures? I'm curious to see.
Rob,
I'll PM my friend to see if he has any pics? He's not a photo guy like me...

If not, I'll see him this weekend...we're karting, then shooting pool at his Haus afterwards. He's made a really nice pair of speaker stands with mountain bike forks, and has an awesome coffee table utilizing two frames as the base/legs and a couple sections of rims tying everything together. All painted black with a nice glass top.

The frame I threw away was a first generation dual suspension frame. Since it was a dual-sup. frame there were lots of interesting frame sections that could be unbolted. One man's trash, is another man's treasure!

I'm not a pack rat, but I've started saving a bunch of interesting worn-out things like old digi. cameras, car and bike parts. It's kind of fun taking the stuff apart with my 7 year old and we don't have to worry about putting it back together again!

Edit: my friend replied:
"I don't have any photos but you can shoot the speaker stands this weekend. The coffee table is in my parents attic...I can get a shot of it sometime soon though. I may have some shot of it deep in the archives...will look.

looking forward to the races!" end

So, I'll take speaker stand pics this weekend...the table is really cool, so I'll update when I get a pic....

Last edited by 911Jetta; 01-27-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Squealing pads continue!! HELP