Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   I ALMOST KILLED SOMEONE TODAY (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/603729-i-almost-killed-someone-today.html)

Porsche964FP 11-26-2010 09:59 PM

I ALMOST KILLED SOMEONE TODAY

London:

Had a hellish morning.... The girlfriend convinced me to stay over last night since I'd didn't have work today (won't be told twice;) and could work from hers on the laptop...

...she left early for work, I had to move my black beauty from it's parking meter, (a space chosen overnight that was at the end of a parking bay so that no one could park in front of me and potentially bump/ ruin my immaculate bumper/ paint work, at one bumper protected at least)...

She didn't leave me the keys to get back in after repacking the car... So it was either stay in doors and get a parking ticket, £50 or run out for five minutes, move the car ('no return within 2hrs' to same bay) and hope her housemate would still be there in five minutes when I got back to let me back in (she's still at that house mate stage, which is fine because it means I won't be policed in my own house:)....

....I chose the latter, ended up stuck in the now freezing London because the unhelpful house mate ran out of the house within five minutes at a hare's pace!!! :( so returned to my car within five minutes (having decided id rather go home than wait 2hrs twiddling my thumbs) after having 'reparked' it only to find that the car that was parked in front of me had gone leaving MY ENTIRE FRONT BUMPER SKUFFED!!!!

...the car that was in front of me had no car in front of it, therefore it didn't need to reverse in order to leave the bay... Which, using deductive logic can only mean that it was either a deliberate attack by some jealous low life or a person with an IQ of 70 (mentally disabled) or blind to believe they had to reverse when there was no car in front!!!!

Result:
1. Could not get any work done.
2. My car needs the body shop = £250

What upsets me the most is not the damage, in fact it pains me stay but I don't care about it. What troubles me the most/ made me SO LIVID I ranted to anyone that picked my calls/ who would listen is that:

Someone made a mistake and damaged something that didn't belong to them and didn't even have the honesty to say "my mistake" and leave a note.

It's never about the mistake, it's about how you deal with it that defines you.

I hate dishonest people: someone stole £250 from me today.

If I'd caught that person driving off without caring: I almost killed someone today.

NB. Pls excuse my lack of political correctness, no offence is intend. I duly apologise in advance.

Porsche964FP 11-26-2010 10:05 PM

Excuse my annoying predictive text above...

Worst part is that I rarely park on the street... Since I specifically moved to a new place this year that has an off street parking place for this reason!

chopperzz 11-26-2010 10:26 PM

can you get any more British than that? type a rant, justifiable considering the distress, to your embracing rennlist mates, then type an apology! Classic.
Sorry to hear about your day, blame your girlfriend and get some sex out of it.

Bearclaw 11-26-2010 10:39 PM

Entirely understandable.
Intentional or just ignorance, both deserve the same outcome.
I got so pissed just reading your post, I'm ready to come over there and help you find them.
As if it's any consolation at the moment, it could have been worse.
Agreed on the sympathy sex. Give it a good workout, you'll feel better.

Kahdmus 11-27-2010 04:26 AM

I can relate to these sentiments completely. Hope she's all fixed up soon and that you remembered the car in case you see it there again...

Henry964 11-27-2010 04:34 AM

You must get a second car,I never park my 964 in the street ever, the chances that it would be damaged or that someone would try to steal the Porsche emblem are very high here. The world is full of idiots, careless people and thieves....

StanUK951 11-27-2010 05:00 AM

I feel your pain Frank, that would really ruin my day, if not my week. It isn't so much the damage, which can be repaired (although that would upset me enough), but the carelessness and general lack of respect for other people's property. However, some people in London seem to such crap drivers I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt even notice they had backed into your car...

christallon 11-27-2010 05:25 AM

Sorry for your troubles Frank. The GF is clearly at fault. Your inner voice was warning you the night before.

Hey Henry964, I arrived in BA yesterday for a two weeks. We're staying near Recoleta in an apartment. Had one of the best steak dinners of my life last night. What a fantastic town!!! We're headed over to Mendoza Monday for a few nights to investigate the wine country.

Let me know if you're around later in the week, and maybe we can get together for some Porsche talk. Hope you are well.

Porsche964FP 11-27-2010 07:11 AM

Thank you for all the sympathy. I think I may have thought of the perfect solution........

Huge removable bull bars.... I'll teach them about bump parking! :banghead:
You laugh but I'm serious, I may just have removable bars fabricated
(I'm foaming at the mouth and laughing hysterically at my genius!!!!!!!) :evilgrin:

In all honesty I'm laughing about it now.

Truth is the damage is perfectly repairable, and I shouldn't be a child....

I'm apprehensive, I own a Porsche, most people would love to own cars like ours and that's wonderful luxury worth the scratches from time to time.

Complaining that your PORSCHE has a scratch is a luxury. Perspective.

I'm a lucky guy, so I shouldn't be a brat.

There are worst things in the world like... Engine fires!!!!!!!! Hahaha

Henry964 11-27-2010 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by christallon (Post 8088409)
Sorry for your troubles Frank. The GF is clearly at fault. Your inner voice was warning you the night before.

Hey Henry964, I arrived in BA yesterday for a two weeks. We're staying near Recoleta in an apartment. Had one of the best steak dinners of my life last night. What a fantastic town!!! We're headed over to Mendoza Monday for a few nights to investigate the wine country.

Let me know if you're around later in the week, and maybe we can get together for some Porsche talk. Hope you are well.

Hey Chris, I e-mailed you and got an out of office message, please call me, my home (local in BA) number is 4776-0402

gchristofi 11-27-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by chopperzz (Post 8088028)
can you get any more British than that? type a rant, justifiable considering the distress, to your embracing rennlist mates, then type an apology! Classic.
Sorry to hear about your day, blame your girlfriend and get some sex out of it.

:roflmao:

christallon 11-27-2010 10:15 AM

Enrique

Got your email. I'll call you. Rennlist is the best!!! Meeting new friends the world over. Excellent!!!

elbeee964 11-27-2010 11:15 AM

Frank,
In all candor, what'd you expect would happen by mixing public parking, your 964, and overnight tom-catting?
Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Now, marriage and getting your own garage - these would solve such troubles.
And be replaced by much more expen$ive troubles.

(You're welcome.) ;)

sundog 11-27-2010 03:28 PM

Maybe it was the flat mate? They stepped out just as you were moving your car. Just saying.

windblown 11-28-2010 10:32 PM

if I had seen the person who hit your Porsche, all I would ask in return is that you help me dig the hole...
I learned early to try not to park in an areas that will result in jail time if something happens to my roadster.
Glad it is fixable, too bad it happened.