Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by RSGulp
What's ET short for..?
offset o/s - ET - Einpress Tief (PUSHED IN DEPTH

Old 11-05-2010, 03:14 PM
carl964
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AP design also do a similar wheel (which looks distinctly like the veloce wheel) . Check out the photos on their website. Awesome :-)
Old 11-05-2010, 05:08 PM
GT TWO
Racer

Originally Posted by Talat
NB with genuine Speedlines (which may be up for sale shortly)
Hey Talat, love these wheels and would buy them off you but I cant make my mind up if they should be on a wide body car only???

Hope your well.

cheers

Lee
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT TWO
Hey Talat, love these wheels and would buy them off you but I cant make my mind up if they should be on a wide body car only???

Hope your well.

cheers

Lee
Beautiful wheels but I'd have thought not ideal for your cup project as I believe they arent exactly lightweight
Old 11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
GT TWO
Racer

Originally Posted by freedman
Beautiful wheels but I'd have thought not ideal for your cup project as I believe they arent exactly lightweight
Thanks, that would have been my next question.

I think I will end up getting some BBS for track tyres.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:32 PM
RSGulp
Racer

Q: "What's ET short for?"
A: "Coz he's got little legs!"

Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Extra *********?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wagonface
I bought a set of veloce's to replace my genuine speedlines. I think they are pretty much identical apart from the rears which are only 9.5" wide, not 10". If you are purely after aesthetics then they are perfect. If you email PWS (the supplier in the UK) Peter will tell you if they will fit your car easily.

If you are concerned about getting the identical number of bolts and the exact same wheel bowl depth etc (i.e. perfection, or concours standard) then I think maybe you should look at a genuine set.
I'm not after originals they're just not cost effective... I hear good things about RH wheels though...

As for whether they will fit... is there not a standard maximum that the 964 will take?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:32 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP

As for whether they will fit... is there not a standard maximum that the 964 will take?
I just spent about many many hours researching the offsets that will and wont work and my conclusion was that there is no easy answer. offsets and ride height and spring rates all impact the perfect answer.

have you tried searching on the theads here? there is some relevant info scattered in about 20 to 30 threads.

but if you want to the easiest answer ... please provide your current rear wheel width and offset .. the diameter isn't needed.

how much risk do you want to take with your 'maximum'?
are you happy to roll the fender?
stock springs or track springs?
are you happy to flatten the oil pipe or do you have already have the later version already flattened?
what camber do you run?
what type of tyres as they have slightly different dimensions?
are you legally allowed to use spacers in your country?
are you legally allowed to use adapters in your country?
and do you really want the perfect max fitment that requires you to do some work, or is something 'pretty safe' and quick preferred?

as an example of the difficulties ... there are a few threads where people are running 10ET44 265/35 and it is fine, but then another guy mentions that he runs 10ET43 265/35 with lowering & about -2 negative camber and it hits on the inside etc etc.

so the easiest answer is to let us know your current widths & offsets as step 1.

and maybe read this after going through the same question ...
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...el-offset.html

or if you just want the 'close enough' quick answer with no fuss then go to tirerack and you'll see 9ET43 and 8ET50. i've measured this up on the rear and you'll be left with about approx 10mm either side on the rear which is a LOT compared to when you start trying to squeeze in a 10" rear wheel.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:52 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

52 ET 8" is the standard to fit your car on the front. This is the same for a 3.6 Speedline Turbo wheel or the RH copy of a Speedline Turbo wheel. In the rear the Speedline standard 3.6 Turbo wheel is 61 ET 10" However it gets hard to fit these on the narrow body 964 as you have no turbo rear flare, and the oil line on the passenger side has to be flattened or you have to run a spacer to move the wheel outward so you have no interference. The correct easiest wheel to fit on the rear is a Speedline 9.5" ET 47 wheel that basically has a smaller inner rim so no spacer is needed. RH sells a 9.5 rear wheel for the narrow body 964. The original Speedline wheels will always bring more money back should you decide to sell. The one piece copy of the Speedline wheels are heavier, but for many you can not beat the price. Speedline 3.6 Turbo wheels are $5000 basically new, and the RH are close to $4000 -- special etching on the Speedline wheels that all the guys want, special logo bolts. Most beautiful wheel ever for the 964/ 964 Turbo cars in my opinion. Jim
Old 11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
clutch-monkey
Instructor

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
I keep going back and forth about buying some 18" Cup I Speedline wheels for my 964...

I know that I will buy a set - (of the most gorgeous wheels Porsche have ever designed imo).... But I just don't know when...

To the point, I've come across three different brands that produce the wheel:

KT2 Keskin
RH
Veloce

1. What are your experiences with the brands? What's seen as the best?

2. What is the maximum size wheel a 964 will take (my car is lowered)?

3. When looking at wheel sizes what do all the different numbers equate to?

4. Photos pls of your 964 on 18" Speedline wheels... Need to be seduced!
just recently had a discussion in the 964 turbo section, i'm told the keskin's are really quite heavy
these are the speedline (or replica's, no idea - only markings i can find are "made in japan" on the back) i have.
Attached Images   
Old 11-05-2010, 10:52 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 85 Posts

I have 18" RH Speedlines with Michelin PS2s. Bought them from GMP. Came mounted and road force balanced with the weight tucked inboard. Mounted perfectly, car drives so smooth on the PS2s. One year and no issues with the wheels and the roads in Toronto suck.

Would recommend them to a friend.
Attached Images        
Old 11-05-2010, 11:35 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
I have 18" RH Speedlines with Michelin PS2s.
widths & offsets for another reference example would be good.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:02 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by sml
widths & offsets for another reference example would be good.
All in my sig;-)
Old 11-06-2010, 12:22 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RH front wheel 8 ET 52 is a 1.25" outer lip, 6.75" inner rim. Rear RH 9.5 for narrow body application is
2.25" outer lip and 7.25". The RH wheels for the Turbo body is 10" and is 2.25 and 7.75" These sizes are slightly different than the corresponding Speedline size hoops used for 8 & 10's. The RH wheels do not use a .25" crush ring like the Speedlines and they use the same center for the front and rear, which is not how Speedline does. Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Speedlines wheels recommendation?