Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)

Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good really good,,,,
Old 06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Shamus964
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Unreal - I literally love everything you're doing with this build - epic!

Can't wait to see the Maritime'd Cups on the car - I have a set that need refurb and I'm thinking that matching would look excellent!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghengis
Well Norm I have to say that your car looks as good in the flesh as on these photos.
Just had mine serviced there today and couldn't help but take a peak - I hope you don't mind. The attention to detail is tremendous and I was a tad envious. The interior is perfect and now that I've seen the alacantra dash top that is definately the way I intend to go if/when I get round to retrimming some of the worn bits (after sourcing a new silencer which has apparently split )
I've been following this thread since the start after stumbling onto it through a link on 911uk and this is how I started on Rennlist so it was a bit of a bonus to see the car today. Actually it was the second bonus of the day after receiving a 964 engine rebuild masterclass from Dave.

Top work - I would be bursting to get that finished if I was you.
Arhhhhhhh you seen the car in the flesh today!!! No am happy you have seen the car. There is still a fair bit to do such as RS brakes, etc to change, interior unsure about odds and sods, but its getting there.

The boys have been great friends & helpers over in Strasse, hence why the car is sat in there garage looking good for a bit. They work on her when great guys like yourself stop coming with servicing and engine work, or if I have time to do a bit of tinkering myself!hehehe

DS (Dave Sutherland)-The Legend is awesome when it comes to engine rebuild. He has work with Porsches before I was born!hehe And has helped me assemble some of the car, which he knows from top to bottom where each bolt and clips go on any part of the car.

Yes, I guess when you do such a project, attention to detail is important plus you have to plan what you want to achieve. You either do it properly or dont do it I say! Lot of people say its only a track orientated car, but to me its an exercise to know everything about a car from top to bottom. How many Porsches get this amount of hours attention, even a 964 RS in the factory?

Anyway am waffling! the Alcantaria dash & the rest of the trim is great, Andy knows them inside out when it comes to Porsches and VWs. If you know about 9M's projects you will know of his interior trim work. I know am repeating myself, but if you are aware of a factory leather (option extra) trimmed dash and a normal dash you will know the difference. The passenger side of the dash indents down, but in factory if you paid more money for leather dash, the indent isn't as obvious. As its leveled with an extra plate that sits on the indent of the dash and trimmed.

I thought it would be nice to have 1/2 leather, 1/2 alcantara for the extra detail. Just can't wait for the seats, handstitched steering wheel, doorcards,etc are done. At that point am sure it will be ready for the test and road.

Last edited by Nski; 06-29-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Shamus964
Unreal - I literally love everything you're doing with this build - epic!

Can't wait to see the Maritime'd Cups on the car - I have a set that need refurb and I'm thinking that matching would look excellent!
Heres a pic of the car with the cup1s on, hard to picture when the car isn't GEOd and lowered to RS setting. For now, this is how shes rolling about until I am sure what wheels I am choosing for the final finish. Right now, am happy with the Cup1s in the way they have been refurbed near to match of the bodywork.

Its rare to find a picture of a Maritime blue RS with matching wheels, even peering through Thomas Schmitz photo album of RSs. The only closest are pictures of 968 CS with them on.

Oh Shamus........am thinking of going back to Amber lights;-)

Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Norm- Maritime cups look fresh! Think I've seen the roof of Gregs new 64 in PVW this month in an early edition photo? His White one was there too. Can't believe Brian sold the RS's? Any 64 wearing those will be a show stealer!

Thomas- Glad you got on well with Dave & co at Strasse will catch up Sunday to see how it went!

CD
Old 07-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Shamus964
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nski
Heres a pic of the car with the cup1s on, hard to picture when the car isn't GEOd and lowered to RS setting. For now, this is how shes rolling about until I am sure what wheels I am choosing for the final finish. Right now, am happy with the Cup1s in the way they have been refurbed near to match of the bodywork.

Its rare to find a picture of a Maritime blue RS with matching wheels, even peering through Thomas Schmitz photo album of RSs. The only closest are pictures of 968 CS with them on.

Oh Shamus........am thinking of going back to Amber lights;-)

Looks REALLY good, might have to hold off having my cups refurbed until yours is done, lowered, and in the light!

On the ambers - I had a set of the clears on and I just never really dug them the way I do the amber on the blue. I'll dig up a side-by-side of the two and post it so you can compare.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Shamus, your right the car will look good when the car is lowered and GEOd with spacers.

As for the light lens, am more likely to change the clears to Amber.

So whoever wants to swap a brand new set of Clears for Ambers welcome
Old 07-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF! Get this car finished! C'mon Norm, with the t3.6 waiting, Lets have this on the road/track and get to the bad boy!

SK has though TS put forward a lightweight 3.3t on offer. Fancy halves?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks good Norm,, Well jell!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

You were posting......
Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
LXR
Advanced

Hi Norm, just stumbled over your thread ... INCREDIBLE !!! Please post some more pics. Although i´d have loved to see that "other shade" of orange ( ) i think that color is just great!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
G60MAT
AutoX

Cough cough, updates needed after yesterdays pics!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
shalke
4th Gear

anything new?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 PM
ray stobbs
Racer

norms away in america at the mo so will be back live soon
Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ray stobbs
norms away in america at the mo so will be back live soon
Yes will be back soon, chillin in L.A with my main man. Guess who?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project "Amazon" Restoration-Lightweight C4- 2Pack paint soon;-)