Sponsored by:

My official hello thread - new to me C4 and recent BBS LM reps

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 AM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supark
...vanos and rod bearing stories are overblown on my E46 M3 (one of the lowest maintenance cars I've owned)...
I had an '02 that popped a rod bearing on me...fixed by BMW under warranty though.

Have you had issues keeping your door seals glued to the jambs? Mine used to come undone every couple weeks...

Surprised to hear that you aren't having any troubles with it. Mine was a bit of a pig when it came to repairs (especially the SMG-I )
Old 07-20-2010, 12:35 AM
supark
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChaseN
I had an '02 that popped a rod bearing on me...fixed by BMW under warranty though.

Have you had issues keeping your door seals glued to the jambs? Mine used to come undone every couple weeks...

Surprised to hear that you aren't having any troubles with it. Mine was a bit of a pig when it came to repairs (especially the SMG-I )
Yikes - yeah, the SMGs are definitely harder on the pocketbook. Sorry to hear about your troubles on yours. And yes - the felt door liner thing kills me. I tried a trim glue which didn't work great, but then used an epoxy (has an activator that mixes when you squeeze it out) and haven't had problems since. My 964 has been a bit of a revelation - it's 11 years older than my M3, but the interior has held up considerably better.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 AM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

I may have had a lemon. Nothing on the car ever seemed 'right' so to speak...now my fiance is looking at buying one, and having test driven a few, they seem 'tighter' than mine ever was.

As an aside, it seems next to impossible to find one these days that doesn't show signs of abuse. Went to look at one in NYC, and that poor car was ravaged

They're the bang for the buck deal in a used sports car right now though IMO, now if we can just find a clean one

Quick Reply: My official hello thread - new to me C4 and recent BBS LM reps