Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts Obsolete Weekend... 356 Pr0n!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:14 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Parts Obsolete Weekend... 356 Pr0n!

Hi guys...

I got word late Sunday morning that there was a Porsche event going on about an hour south of me here in Portland. The Parts Obsolete group has a huge weekend every year with camping, and a big VW/Porsche swap meet. I only heard about it today... By the time I got there most everything was done, except for a few old codgers sitting around talking shop. My 964 was likely the newest car around, and I felt a funny kind of gulf between their Porsche experience and mine - but everyone was super friendly either way.

These guys do 356 work and a few race prep cars and a lot of custom work. I don't know much about the 356, except to know they're worth gold any way you can find one. For those in the know, you'll see some neat stuff in this Photo set. There is a lot of custom work going on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbennet...7624374157224/

The first pics are of a 356 racer hulk out by the road. That's the only indication that there is anything there of interest.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a fascinating place.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Newcomer: "Is this Heaven?"
Old timer: "Heck, no - it's Parts Obsolete."

Thank you.
I needed that this morning.
Like the man said, this brought back memories were so thick I had to brush them away from my face...

To me this looks like Heaven.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Shamus964
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Tom - nice pics!

It's too bad you didn't show on Saturday, I was there for a few hours and I wouldn't have felt so 'modernist'! This is a great event and the people are very friendly and laid back and the CARS! I've seen Rod's creations and drooled for years, but to get to see where the 'magic' happens is excellent (plus the place is only 15 minutes from my house). All the outbuildings and garages are wide open for anyone to wander through and the atmosphere is very informal.

I love the outlaws that Rod is famous for, with visual treats like the one in this picture, http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbennet...7624374157224/
sporting genuine Porsche wheels... the "spare" wheel found in 993 Turbos (if memory serves)

I had to turn around and double back since I missed it the first time (even though I'd been there before) They removed the big "Emory Motorsport Ranch" iron sign that usually hangs above that body shell at the entrance.

Quick Reply: Parts Obsolete Weekend... 356 Pr0n!