Sponsored by:

Dead battery but found GOODIES in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:21 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Dead battery but found GOODIES in the trunk

I went to take her for a spin today and the battery's dead. Strange because I've left it for two weeks before without a problem. Short story even shorter...trying the charger that was in the trunk when I bought it.

THE INTERESTING PART:

I haven't lifted the trunk carpet since I bought the car last Fall. Didn't even do it then as I had the dealer PPI the car under the supervision of a PCNA friend. I just believe that there's no point in hiring a dog if you're going to do your own barking so I didn't poke around too much and left it to the pros.

Imagine my surprise when I lifted the carpet and found the tool kit and what appear to be plastic tarps and a set of disposable gloves in a Porsche parts bag.

Now the toolkit I always assumed was just missing but I didn't even know the car came with gloves and a tarp for changing tires.

Neat!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:55 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

There's a spare tire, too!

It took me a while to get under there, too and I was pleasantly surprised by all of the aging goodies; including a bag for the flat tire which must go into the passenger compartment!

Cheers
Old 06-13-2010, 01:40 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dfinnegan
There's a spare tire, too!

It took me a while to get under there, too and I was pleasantly surprised by all of the aging goodies; including a bag for the flat tire which must go into the passenger compartment!

Cheers
A bag for the tire...brilliant! I figured it was three tarps (didn't open them up).

Tire looks like it's in good shape...I wonder if it will hold air if I need it to? Hard to imagine it would after being squished for 20 years.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Rouxzy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might get another surprise with that spare. I pumped up my 33 year old spare last month and it held air just fine. The tire showed no cracks or anything.
Tom
Old 06-15-2010, 01:12 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to find all kinds of interesting things in a FIAT that I owned. Apparently the PO was a Dr. in Vegas who liked to buy lingerie for someone, based on the receipts and the "goodies" hidden between the seatback and bottom in the back...

Quick Reply: Dead battery but found GOODIES in the trunk