Sponsored by:

Want to sell my 91 964 cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Jack911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to sell my 91 964 cab

Hi all, I'm looking for some input on how much i should ask for my car. I have a 1991 964 cab in black/gray tiptronic with 82K original miles. Nothing has been modified and it has a clean and clear title with no accidents. It's a bit dirty inside but a good deatiled job will make it look good again. the seats are not torned just a bit dirty. dashboard is crack free and all the guages and buttons work fine. There are no electrical problems and or mechanical problems. The convertible top is nice and almost brand new looking but one of the main pillars are broken and i convert it manually. The convertible locking mechanism work fine you just need to bring the top manually. The paint is fine with a few door dings.

Thanks for your time and i appreciate any input. Thank you
Old 05-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am by no means an authority, but I poke around looking at prices once in a while (I think we probably all do), and thankfully prices seem to have bottomed and are heading back up again. That said, conventional wisdom says the tip is a slight detriment, although all you need to do is find that one buyer who really wants one. The "everything works" factor would really be good, I can understand not wanting to spend the $$ to fix the top, but a buyer is probably not going to look too favorably at that. The couple hundred bucks it would take to do a once-over detail might a good investment. I'd say $20-22K if you want to hang out for a while, upper teen's if you want a quick sale.
I'd be more confident about those figures if the top worked correctly.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:20 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imo to ask over $20,000 car must be very well sorted, stand up to rigorous p.p.i. and have a manual trans.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack911
Hi all, I'm looking for some input on how much i should ask for my car. I have a 1991 964 cab in black/gray tiptronic with 82K original miles. Nothing has been modified and it has a clean and clear title with no accidents. It's a bit dirty inside but a good deatiled job will make it look good again. the seats are not torned just a bit dirty. dashboard is crack free and all the guages and buttons work fine. There are no electrical problems and or mechanical problems. The convertible top is nice and almost brand new looking but one of the main pillars are broken and i convert it manually. The convertible locking mechanism work fine you just need to bring the top manually. The paint is fine with a few door dings.

Thanks for your time and i appreciate any input. Thank you
Don't forget to join Rennlist if you want to advertise the car here.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Fred's 964
Racer

Damian, you have a beautiful 968! Of all the water cooled, a 968 Cab is my choice for my favorite. I'm partial to speed yellow....
Old 05-15-2010, 05:14 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Fred long time no see. I need to tap into your expertise one of these days on my convertible top issue.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred's 964
Damian, you have a beautiful 968! Of all the water cooled, a 968 Cab is my choice for my favorite. I'm partial to speed yellow....
Thanks, it's one of ten cabs (and 8 coupes) made only in 94 and 95 for the US and Canada.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Fred's 964
Racer

Jimq, been busy with work, projects, and a new grandson. PM me with your cab top problem, I completely adjusted mine, replaced some contact switches, retimed the motors, re-soldered everything in the controller, it now works perfectly, doesn't slam closed, and both doors close smoothly without the window tops hitting the side strips. Ahhh...feels so good!
Sorry guys, didn't mean to hijack the thread....

Quick Reply: Want to sell my 91 964 cab