Sponsored by:

DME Reset now CEL, Antilock, PDAS lights on

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Gdog
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DME Reset now CEL, Antilock, PDAS lights on

I was having some knock issues and the CEL came on a few times when I was accelerating hard. Thought it best to do a reset on the DME to clear the codes if, indeed, the knock sensors had tripped the CEL.

Did a DME reset per the recommendations (unplug neg battery cable for 30 minutes). Now, the Check Engine Light is permanenatly on as well as the Antilock Brake and the small amber PDAS light in center console.

What did I do? All of these lights have never come on except at startup. The CEL was not permanently on when I suspected knock.

Anyway to clear out these lights with another DME reset without the Hammer?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Gdog
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the DME Gods take their time to work the magic.

A 30-minute reset didn't do much. The PDAS, CEL, and Antilock lights remained on as I drove for about a minute or two. Decided to do a longer reset--60 minutes this time.

Still the same lights on so I said "Scr@@ it" and went for a ride. Lights staid on for another minute then Bam! Out!!

Took it for a good 20-minute spin workin the gears and poundin the pedal once it was warmed up. Wow! The DME reset really works--at least it did for me. Almost not the same car. Cool.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:13 PM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cel shows up after hard accelerating. I do not have acces to a scanning tool.
What was your problem? airflow meter, bad coil?

Quick Reply: DME Reset now CEL, Antilock, PDAS lights on