Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your wife tolerate working on 964

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

She does not mind. 964 is hers after all.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

She doesn't mind working on the car except on major hollidays or when her mom needs a ride home from the doctor, other than that she keeps the car in tip top shape.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I happen to like my character flaws .... mine is cars and hers is cleaning, so I used some redirection to get her to clean my car and I think she could actually install my SC if she had to.

Last edited by Mother; 08-20-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:58 AM
rarebear
Racer

my wife only moans about how low the 911 is to get in.... once seated she is happy !!
then... getting out is even more of an exercise....
But she knows a great looking car when she sees it !!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:58 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Hell if the car isn't ready for a DE she gets pissed at me for not being out there fixing it.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After 22 years of marriage, I have included my wife in many repairs over the years (those extra set of hands has come in handy on numerous projects and occasions over the years.) She prefers me in the garage working on my cars, rather than out at clubs and bars with the 'guys.'
Old 05-13-2010, 06:10 PM
ian89C4
Pro

The wife helps when I ask, she doesn't know much about cars, but at least puts up with me barking orders at her, and in turn I have to tolerate the same question every time - is left for tight, or right?? -

Honestly she is a huge help, she even put up with gear oil all over her face and front when the pump I was using to put fluid back into the front dif. broke and spewed everywhere.

I brought up the idea of possible doing the targa newfoundland one of these years to come, and she has started learning how to do pace notes...gotta love that!!
Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ian89C4
I have to tolerate the same question every time - is left for tight, or right?? -
The problem is you are not making a rhyme out of it..Righty - Tighty.......Lefty - Loosey, My problem is bleeding the brakes she does not understand HOLD means hold the brake pedal to the floor
Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife does not care at all. She always offers a hand, but its making me lunch. I could not ask for more.

She gets to enjoy the car also, so never complains.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 AM
gchristofi
Racer

I have loved my 964 for 15 years and my wife for only 10! On the basis of time served, she is very understanding. ( I hope the better halves don't discover this thread or some of us will be in trouble)
Old 05-14-2010, 01:55 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gchristofi
I have loved my 964 for 15 years and my wife for only 10! On the basis of time served, she is very understanding.
"She" being the wife, or the car??

I have been playing with cars much longer than playing with women. I have enjoyed 20+ years of wedded bliss (32 years of marriage to the same woman). I enjoy breaking in new cars and learning how they tick. I don't think I could mentally (physically?) survive doing the same with women.

All joking aside, my wife tolerates my time with my cars very well. She is not a car person at all. She rented a car one time and honestly didn't know how many doors the car had, nor even the make. It was Blue, however. She used to spend time with me in the garage while I worked on my Corvairs - but that was when she was still falling in love.

The car does receive a fair amount of swearing, slapping, and beating and reciprocates with a bit of love. The wife doesn't get any of that, but returns a lot of love.

Take care of your women - they are your best asset.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DWS964
"She" being the wife, or the car??

I have been playing with cars much longer than playing with women. I have enjoyed 20+ years of wedded bliss (32 years of marriage to the same woman). I enjoy breaking in new cars and learning how they tick. I don't think I could mentally (physically?) survive doing the same with women.

All joking aside, my wife tolerates my time with my cars very well. She is not a car person at all. She rented a car one time and honestly didn't know how many doors the car had, nor even the make. It was Blue, however. She used to spend time with me in the garage while I worked on my Corvairs - but that was when she was still falling in love.

The car does receive a fair amount of swearing, slapping, and beating and reciprocates with a bit of love. The wife doesn't get any of that, but returns a lot of love.

Take care of your women - they are your best asset.
True that.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Originally Posted by Nine11
True that.
+ 1.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

She was ok when I got the first car... worried a bit after the second one.... started giving an earful after the third car and the bike.... This year I told her it was finishing projects year... then got the FIAT... my life is held by a thin thread at this moment...

I try to balance it a little by taking a Friday here and there to go with my friends to Hooters.... for some reason she likes it better when I am in the garage

All joking aside, she knows I enjoy working in the garage. As long there is a balance between the time I spend there and the time I dedicate to her and the kids everything is fine.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DWS964
She used to spend time with me in the garage while I worked on my Corvairs - but that was when she was still falling in love.
Come to think of it I learned how to swear properly when I was around my Baby Blue 64 Corvair ... My first love. Could not help noticing you had 13 Corvairs ... My God man what drove you?

Quick Reply: Does your wife tolerate working on 964