Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:31 PM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with wires sockets and alarm

Hello!
I want to make my original alarm to work:
Problem is that i don t know what alarm do i have. On the glass i have a sticker which says PORSCHE ALARM SYSTEM AUTOSONIK. Looks original(the sticker i mean). I looked under the passenger s seat. No sign of an alarm control unit. I do have a small plastic box, under the glove compartment, where are some messy wires. It doesn't look original to me. However it says AUTOSONIK, just like it says on the glass. It has 7 wires attached to it and another 7 or 8 wires that are not used at all. Some small pin wires are also not connected to anything. And i just pulled some wires from there and the light from the door lock pins stopped working. Something is happening there.
Is there another place to look for the alarm. Is this AUTOSONIK alarm an after market alarm but mounted instead of the original one? Or it s mounted in conjunction with the original one? If so, where s the original situated?
Can i buy this unit PN 928 618 260 00 for fitting to my car? If so, where are the wires to be attached to this unit. My car is 90 targa.

Last edited by doruiacovescu; 06-19-2011 at 06:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Pardonmypov (02-06-2022)
Old 03-29-2010, 07:32 PM
CBR786
Pro

I am no expert on the subject. lol Now saying that the ecu you have shown in your pic will be no good to you unless you have specific bunch plugs under the passenger seat where this unit should go. I dont know what you are looking at under the passenger side dash but normally the central locking module sits up their.

Maybe the wires you are pulling are effecting the red flashing led etc. The alarm unit which you are hunting for is a right PITA to get at because some genius at porsche thought it was a good idea to put it in the bulk head in the passenger side assuming you car is LHD. You need to probably remove all the heater motors and to get your hand back there. The fuse relay box right far behind that bulk head is some unit which is associated with the alarm and it defo does not look like that 928 porsche unit although some porsches did have that unit under the passenger seat but where mainly 993 I think.

Good luck with your issues sorry I cant be more help.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
CBR786
Pro

looked at my answer sounded a bit confusing to make it clearer you need to get your hand right down to the bottom of the passenger side windscreen pillar above the glove box or possibly infront of the glove box but accesss is from luggage compartment not under dash and thats where the alarm unit lives .. I think get a second opinion before you actually go their in case I am wrong !!!! which I have known to be many a times lol...
Old 03-29-2010, 08:29 PM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Hello!
Thank you for your answer! it was very self explanatory and it confirmed my haunting made here on RL.
1. I managed to pull this alarm relay? from the luggage compartment, but it was real real hard to do that. Looks like a relay to me. I had to do that because i could not start the engine. I understand that i need to have a remote control unit nearby(which i don t) for preventing the engine to be cut off.
2. Under the dash, in the passenger area, there are 2 plastic boxes: one which is identical to the spoiler control unit from under the seat (i don t know what that unit does) and the other which seems to be something related to the alarm. It is written AUTOSONIK on it. There are 7 wires connected to it and goes to 2 motion sensors and other parts from the car. But also 7 wires are free and some small wires are also free.
3. There are no free wires under passenger s seat. Just 2 wires in one socket which i guess that are for the heating option.
I want to resurect the alarm system. Do i need a remote to prevent the engine cut off? Or i have another fault which is responsable for that? By pulling off this relay, i m bypassing the functioning of the alarm? Cause i haven t heard it ever since and the leds are flashing.
THis is weird

Last edited by doruiacovescu; 06-19-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:48 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Autosoniks is an aftermarket alarm system.
The factory alarm on 89-90 models is primitive. It consists of the central lock module under the pass side dash and the alarm module under the windshield. It will interupt power to the DME relay resulting in a no start condition if triggered, but the only thing it looks at are door key lock cylinders.

(as in you lock the doors with the key, the red light starts blinking, and then someone tries to start the car without unlocking the doors with the key, - by breaking a window or such- the alarm will trigger)

The 91 + cars, have the alarm module and central lock built into one unit under the pass seat. No way to get that to work in an early car.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Thank you for your answer. It is very comprehensive. Any ideea on how to make the original arm to work. Do i need a special transporder? I m asking you this because my engine would not start if i put back the alarm relay under windshield.
Thanks!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 AM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

There is no transponder or key fob. if it wont start, it is either triggered, or the Autosonics alarm is interupting the circuit. Have you removed it and all the wiring associated with it?

Trending Topics

Old 03-30-2010, 03:59 PM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Today i ve reattached the original alarm. If i do not unlock the doors with the key the car won t start. I guess it works on dme. If i open the door from the inside the alarm starts to click(i mean i can hear the relay intermitently clicking, but no hazard lights, no horn nothing. How it is suppose to behave a trigerred original alarm from 90? Anyone knows? I traced the wires, nothing concludent. Now i no longer have the red lights in the door locks. They just don t flash anymore... The upper interior light, and the glovebox s light are not working anymore either. Not even on the open circuit. Anyone has a ideea where to look. Found the Green Wire, is properly insulated. Also found another red wire which is also insulated from the glove box s light. Glove box s light has 3 wires, brown, brown with black and this mistery misery red wire, just like the upper interior door light. There is another wire which replaces it and is connected to the light. It takes current from the cruise control socket(this is ****ty job, made by the previous owner)Why is the car not speaking?
On the other hand, I think the autosonik is inoperative since ancient times.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

OK, a couple of different issues here... it sounds like one of your door lock switches (the ones attached to the key cylinder on the inside) may be faulty or one of the wires from it to the module is grounded somewhere. To check them do the following.. there is three wires going to those switches. One is permanent ground, the other two should be open circuits until you move the key to lock or unlock which then completes one of those circuits to ground. You can check this at one place at the module. Unplug the module and test pins 7 (br/bl) and 9 (br/gn) seperately. They should not be grounded until you move the key to unlock or lock. (pin 7 is lock, 9 is unlock) Confirm what is going on there and report back... and then we can continue on a path...

as far as the LED, that is also a function of those switches, so one thing at a time..

as far as the autosonics, you need to remove it from the system.. as i'm sure it was tied in somehow, you're going have to make sure that the wires that it interupted are put back they they were or you will never get this sorted out.

and out of curiosity, where are you located?
Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Hello! Where exactly should i search for for door switches? Inside the door? Or inside the contact(main contact which died on me yesterday). What module are you reffering to? Central locking module? After exchanging the main contact switch i will go to a pro for removing the autosonik and installing something better.
My location is Romania.
Thanks!
Doru
Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

yes, the door switches are attached to the key cylinders inside the door. it would be easier to check the wires as i described above at the alarm module, not the lock module..

Quick Reply: Help with wires sockets and alarm