Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pdsa lights bells and whistles.

Uk Northern area.
Hi,
I did all the various things to get the dam lights out, and in the end I just gave up.
I was recommended a guy called Chris Sanderson at loe bank motor Bury, by my regular mechanic.
I have never used Chris before, but I was more than happy with his service and knowledge of the 964, he put the car right which the local opc couldn't.
I cannot thank him enough for getting the lights out, as I would of been buying coils ht leads and lots of parts that I wouldn't of needed to solve this problem.

So I give Chris a big thumbs up,

Thanks again

Gaz
Old 03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

what was the problem?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:52 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by altarchsa
what was the problem?
+1

pleased to hear you got a result Gaz
Old 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Default I am happy as a *ig in sh*t

Well not really,

But I hate warning lamps, I bought the car knowing there would be little problems here and there, but that one had me baffled for hours.
I had computers in the airing cuboard, every relay out cleaned ,all the earth straps polished you name it I fiddled with it.
But thanks everyone for your ideas on the repair but I just couldn't solve it myself.

But , Chris could, top man,and there had been plenty of fiddling done by the previous owners to me.

Gaz, no lamps

Two warning lamps caused this, pdsa and abs,,the system was bled a relay was changed and a general check around the four wheel drive system,oh a valve was sticking also,its all good now.
Chris took me for a spin and showed me that everything was working which gives me faith in that side of the car now.

Last edited by screamingflat6; 03-30-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 PM
icanseeformiles
1st Gear

I may have the same problem on my '91 4. I've attached a picture of the warning lights, which also trigger a buzzer as well. Francis Tuthill in Banbury are looking at it but can't find a fault code in the computer. What sticking valve did your guy find?
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:58 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Hi,

Sorry I cannot give you the detailled information on this one,as I gave up and put the car into the garage.
I was watching the car being worked on from the customer area,and all wheels were off and the under trays removed.
The guys had the car running in gear the spoiler was going up and down and at various times they were adjusting something under the car.
My bill was a relay and fluid and 3 hours labour,I was happy and Chris took me out in the car and showed me abs and the four wheel drive working.
I hope yours is a easy fix like mine,but I was shown my car connected to the hammer and no fault codes etc which was good of Chris.

Gaz,

Quick Reply: pdsa lights bells and whistles.