Sponsored by:

Friday Folley

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:34 PM
afast16v
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbennett017
almost...except I am trying to get wax advice as I want to restore my undertray.
Try 3M products, their whole polishing,waxing system is really good buffing pads included too.
Just dont forget to stay away from that fresh paint, dont touch it at all and if you want to polish it make sure you use products that do not contain silicones or sealants or you will ruin the paint.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm confused on what he's calling the undertray.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:27 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cooler weather here & some snow (on the mountains where it belongs) so thats good for the para-lympics.....
cherry blossoms almost finished, magnolias starting.
will be sunny/cloudy tomorrow so will put the top down & trip out to nearby berry farm for some of their blueberry wine (reasonably dry & great with cheesecake).

had considered selling the cab as it looks ever more clear we will return to japan next spring & i had rec'd fair response & what appeared to be bona fide decent opening offer (via pelican listing)....but dammit we both enjoy the car & summer's coming and another manual transmission'd WTL cab may not come along and, and, and so we decided to "think about it more!!"
costs of taking it to nihon-land not that bad (about $3500 in a container), costs of ownership their are on high side though.
happy wkend
Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 AM
C2 Madman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rained all day today in Miami, so mechanic installed my new Fabspeed, Billsteins and H&R's, and a new set of tires instead of going fishing. Waiting for him to replace clutch slave/hose and fluid. Praying for rain all weekend so I can pick it up on Monday! kidding, he's a great mechanic and he might be reading.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Success! Clutch bleed restored my ability to shift into reverse and first! Yay!

But I noted some weeping on the soft hose leading to the slave cylinder - meaning that will need to be replaced methinks.

But man - what a PITA of a project. Even WITH a pressure bleeder.

RK

Quick Reply: Friday Folley