Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Reformed
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive finally got around to doing this. I ended up having to use an Urwin socket, to grip my rounded nut. Ive now done all the oil change, replaced the rounded sump plug with a new one. Put it all back together, everything fine, then I thought about it, and realised there was no crush washers on either of the sump plugs. Should there be? Im guessing there is, so should I leave it until the next change or do it now? Its not leaking or anything from either the plugs??
Old 05-19-2010, 08:05 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

You will probably see some weeping at the drain plugs, but no major grief if you leave the crush washers off. I would certainly not waste a full oil charge just to replace them.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Snowhead
Intermediate

Reformed

Porsche have upgraded the bonnet latch for the 964 along with the latch cover which apparently the orginal once removed wasnt easily put back again. I know coz mine was broken. I did a temp fix. The replacement in total is approx £55 from you local Porsche Centre minus discount if you ask nicely.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Reformed
Advanced

Thats what I was thinking, I think unless for some reason it gets really bad, I will leave it until next time. I just wanted some reasurrance!

And I have allready found out what a pig the bonnet lever is to change. I got hold of a second hand one in the end, and I have fitted it except the bottom bolt that holds it in place as I can see no way of getting anything in there to tighten up the allen bolt, as the lever itself is in the way and the smaller hole is to small for that size allen key to fit! (Alltho it dosent really move if your gentle).

I think I will have to enquire about the modifed version, thanks for letting me know.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Problem