Sponsored by:

Friday food for thought

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday food for thought

I really got nothin. Snow onthe ground the other day, so more salty roads. I'm trying to get back to photography and hopefully this year do a few shoots with the Porsche. I still have ideas in my head of what I want it to look like. Some of you have seen a guy on here that does some really good work with cars and models- Kirby. I know him as Itzkirb... he's on the CGT side with some great shots. He makes it look easy.

Got some parts coming in the mail so I'm replacing my heater tubing off the exchangers, plus I have new engine lid struts to replace my failing old ones. Maybe a few hrs once I get all the parts. I should look into the cab top cables. My right side is off. If I pull down on the right side it operates way better than leaving no tension on it. Maybe a loose cable?

So what have you got in store for the weekend? any of you N'or Easters will be shoveling
Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

We've had two big storms come through NH but fortunately, its been all rain in my area. Some folks in my office have received over 14" of snow. Yuck! On Saturday, I plan on working more on the 964. I will be installing my oxygen sensor, after clearing the threads. If you remember, I had difficulty removing the old sensor. The threads were galled. On the good news, I have two new Snapon tools for the installation. More tools is always good. I also plan on reconfiguring my workshop/garage to move in my new larger tool chest (40" wide vs 26"). The tool chest is placed between two workbenches. I need to move one bench, the peg board, and a bench grinder. If I run out of things to do on Saturday, I will try dry fitting my sunroof interior panel. I need to learn how to reinstall it before I glue on the new headliner.

Sunday will a quiet day, except for Sunday night when my girlfriend and I are taking her mom out to dinner. Its her mom's birthday.

Last edited by Rocket Rob; 02-26-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Added photo of workbench/tool chest
Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

No snow here but it was in the 30's again this morning in orlando! This really sucks!!! i went out to drive the 964 to work this morning and the battery was about dead. i had to hook the charger up for about 10 minutes and it fired up. Maybe I will run over to bike week in Daytona and check out the happenings for a bit this afternoon.
I am totally pissed after last night finding out I cant have new septic drain lines put in at my summer cottage on the Chesapeake Bay. The new rules say no repairs. i have to spend $8-15K to put in a 2 part system that will be destroyed the first time there is any storm surge from the bay into my yard. I hate these idiot bunny huggers. I would say 95% of the long time people, mostly waterman, that live on the island will never be able to afford this nonsence.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:44 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmmmmm a redneck upper 60's and sunny today here in beautiful suburban Helotes, at the edge of the Texas Hill Country. (Arrow points to the house.)

Today could be the day, after about 9 months on blocks, to start 'er up again. Finally! (Even though I had that 3 day false start where it ran vfor a while before I discovered another problem.)
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2010, 10:58 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
...I will try dry fitting my sunroof interior panel. I need to learn how to reinstall it before I glue on the new headliner.
Please take pictures or tell us the trick to get it out and back in.

My panel is sagging a little and I would love to be able to re-glue it to make it taut again. I've done the search thing, popped the snaps on the front edge, moved/rotated the taung (sp?) metal clip. I've tried to wiggle the panel back and forth... but it won't come out. I'm so close.... let us know if there's an extra step or the best position to remove the panel? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

forgot about the weekend events.

My mom is coming to town for the weekend to see the kids. We'll probably go for a drive with the kids. She loves sports cars... got the love from her. She's had an assortment of Audis, BMWs, and Mercs over the years. She loves to drive fast!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
racemor
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll finally get my car back tonight from a front end respray that will fix a ding that was in the car when I bought it and clean up the rock chips. It's been gone about a month and a half. And I'll finally be able to put the refinished Cup 1 wheels on that have been sitting in the rack. Then it's over to the swap meet at Euroweks and Zuffenhaus Saturday.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racemor
I'll finally get my car back tonight from a front end respray that will fix a ding that was in the car when I bought it and clean up the rock chips. It's been gone about a month and a half. And I'll finally be able to put the refinished Cup 1 wheels on that have been sitting in the rack. Then it's over to the swap meet at Euroweks and Zuffenhaus Saturday.
I trust you will be posting some pics of the respray and new shoes.

Saturday I am taking care of some errands, which is great fun when you have a Porsche 964 to get you here and there.

Sunday is going to be a lazy Sunday me thinks.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:40 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still waiting for my body repair to get done. I will have a new Porsche windshield and gasket installed, and the rust bubble below the windshield will be dealt with. yay.

Until then, fighting creeping "beige-ness" in the Toyota Rav 4. It's a convenient vehicle, but the ergonomics are a disaster. Bleh.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:47 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the turbo back, and the clutch pedal is now fine (new accumulator and slave). Warranty company wasn't so keen to pay for that but the dealer was quite persuasive!

Not much planned for the weekend - although I do have a 60 mile round trip planned on Sunday. However - I'm trying to change it to Saturday. Although I'm sure the turbo will manage fine, the forecast is for heavy (60mph) winds and heavy rain and I'd really rather stay indoors.

Nothing will happen to the 964 until I get the alternator fixed. May be tempted to remove it this weekend, but probably not.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Almost got the AC lines out (just have those behind the fuel tank left) and I have a new carbon cannister on order (might as well replace it while it is out in case it is blocked or close too).

This weekend I plan to finish the AC lines, replace the rear drop-links (Tarrett), and start on rear bumper remove in prep for installing the new Fabspeed dual exhaust.

Marc

Quick Reply: Friday food for thought