Sponsored by:

RAUH Welt car for sale - wow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:17 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts
Default RAUH Welt car for sale - wow!

A little over the top for my daily needs... but it would look awesome at the track!

Front and rear bumper caps are an interesting change!
Of course I like the mirrors!
Attached Images          
Old 02-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Technomania
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, nice ride, I would be all over it, but hey exchange the passenger seat :-)
Old 02-25-2010, 06:08 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Which flares are those, they look much bigger then the stock turbo flares. The Rauh Welt cars are very nice but deep down, they're all about looks. I remember reading an article about the owner's car (flat black 993) and it was all looks but nothing serious underneath...... You can call it a sheep in wolf's clothing!!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Oracle
Pro

That is one of the best cars I've seen. It is just outstanding in every way!!
OMG!!

Does anyone know how much is car like that? (I'll go and buy the lotto ticket tomorrow!)

Last edited by Oracle; 02-26-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great! But, why is it that people try to fit tyres on rims that are too big for them?
My guess is it's just a stock 964 with a body kit on it as it has a stock interior (bar the drivers seat) and only one exhaust. I wonder if perhaps the current owner has run out of money...!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Barty964rst
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
Looks great! But, why is it that people try to fit tyres on rims that are too big for them?
My guess is it's just a stock 964 with a body kit on it as it has a stock interior (bar the drivers seat) and only one exhaust. I wonder if perhaps the current owner has run out of money...!
Agreed, stock car. On a race car look the sunroof should be a natural delete also for authenticity.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:56 AM
Sifly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the extra width arches and those wheels. But you can keep the tacky front spoiler and the over enthusiastic rear wing.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:40 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts
Default all show and no go?

Originally Posted by CWay27
Which flares are those, they look much bigger then the stock turbo flares. The Rauh Welt cars are very nice but deep down, they're all about looks. I remember reading an article about the owner's car (flat black 993) and it was all looks but nothing serious underneath...... You can call it a sheep in wolf's clothing!!
I thought the fenders were wider at first also, I was thrown-off by the deep dish rims. Below is a quick PhotoChop picture overlaying the red Rauh car with another Turbo fendered car (a silver 964 RS 3.8?). I layered both car pictures on top of each other and reduced the opacity of the top layer so you can see them together. I don't know if in doing that it's clear in the picture, but the fenders match-up almost perfectly given the slight different camera angle of each shot.

Regarding all show and no go...

(Unfortunately) I'm not a racer, so I can't call anyone a poser, but these guys seem pretty serious to me. It seems like they spend a lot of time at the track. Of course they probably love to cruise around town also...

It's a different style (and a different culture); part R Gruppe and (big) part race track. I wouldn't want 90% of this stuff on my car, but I like the little details and their ingenuity. It's all about the mods!

Speedhunters.com has done a great job featuring these cars/culture over the years. Here's a link to a RAUH-welt car, lots of pictures. (Search Rauh Welt on their website, tons of interesting pictures!)

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...tty-dread.aspx

For the traditionalists, Speedhunters has also done tons of really cool Porsche features (RS, 959, P racers, LeMans, etc.). Link to Porsche content:
http://speedhunters.com/search.aspx?q=Porsche
Attached Images        

Last edited by 911Jetta; 02-26-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: text
Old 02-26-2010, 05:45 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

I have erection
Old 02-26-2010, 06:49 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

I dig them...but still I think Rauh-Welt is a bit over the top...I try and keep it just a little more under the radar....
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Sifly
Instructor

Nah, I still think those arches have been messed with, especially the front ones. The top of the arch extension is much flatter than standard making for a more angular and agressive look, even if the flare is much the same!?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 PM
scott.k
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CWay27
I would dissagree with that comment. Some cars are left mostly stock mechanicaly, but some, like the owners car, are built/setup for racing including: suspension, brakes, wheels, carburators, race headers, no muffler or cat, gutted, welded cage, etc...

Last edited by scott.k; 03-06-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:29 PM
kopo
Instructor

I absolutely love the look of that car. And where can I find a set of mirrors like that?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:31 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

love this Japanese tuner (actually group of tuners) and regretfully never got out to see their shop in Chiba last month during our stay in Tokyo...........returning in January & will try & post up then on a visit.....
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 AM
screamingflat6
Racer

Default brash

Typical after market look for japan,

But I would think twice before dropping some cogs if I saw that in the rear view mirror.
Their web site is full of mechanical tuning so I would hope the car had a good 600bhp for that wing to work.
I like it, as its crazy, but you need a lot of bhp to look like that and not get a kicking off some of the subaru and evo boys.

Gaz,

Quick Reply: RAUH Welt car for sale - wow!