Sponsored by:

Friday Frippery

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday Frippery

Well, last week I posted that I was making Spaghetti sauce for our event. I did not win, but some other great sauces did. Tomato sauces vary widely, let me tell you. Some dark and smokey tasting, some even hot like chili. Oh well, better luck next time. There were about 50 people at the event.

So not much else. I'm broke, so no mods or maintenance items on the car. Moving it out today to shoot a family session for another Porsche guy. He's been on here with his garage queen 964. Concours mostly, but he has 2 other Porsches to drive around so I'll give him some slack.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Big day for me at work, and I am trying to purchase a dumpy little Toyota to haul junk around. I can't make dump runs in the 964... But trucks go fast in the $2500 segment nowadays.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Taking my girlfriend out to a fancy restaurant tonight for valentines day.

Saturday, I will be going to Sears to pick up my new tool chest that I had ordered. Moving from a 26" wide to a 40" wide chest and drawers. The rest of Sat and Sunday will be spent reconfiguring my garage workshop. I need to reposition one workbench, a peg board, storage bin and bench grinder to make space. Monday I have off as a holiday. I will be working to finish up my sunroof project. I need to reinstall the interior roof panel with new headliner material. The old was damaged removing the panel.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:43 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

olympic flame passed in front of our condo this a.m.
final costs for the games will be plus $8 billion perhaps as much as 9 (about 1/2 of greece's cost of their last summer games, which is a major contributor to that country's impending bankruptcy/debt restructure).
taxpayers here will be paying bigtime for a longtime for this hoopla!
weather remains remarkably mild (NO SNOW) and mountain events may face delays/staging problems.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
olympic flame passed in front of our condo this a.m.
final costs for the games will be plus $8 billion perhaps as much as 9 (about 1/2 of greece's cost of their last summer games, which is a major contributor to that country's impending bankruptcy/debt restructure).
taxpayers here will be paying bigtime for a longtime for this hoopla!
weather remains remarkably mild (NO SNOW) and mountain events may face delays/staging problems.
Excellent. Even the Olympic torch is stylish this year. This is going to be a great show.

The overall economic impact of the Olympics is remarkably difficult to quantify. I got to work on the London bid. As much as a city spends, a lot of that money is spent directly in the local economy for labor and local materials. The people protesting for the homeless/housing/poverty really do not seem to have any grasp of economics. Whether the Olympics happen or not they will have very little impact on the poor/homeless because the Olympics are an artificial economy.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:14 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Flying in snow can't help on the bottom line...
Old 02-12-2010, 04:13 PM
mojo747
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the flame when it came through Huntsville, Al. on it's way to Atlanta in 96.
I'm doing Valentine thing Sat. night, but I'm also incorporating our 20th Anniversary and giving her a mink early so she can wear it to dinner and during this cold winter we're having. No sense waiting till March to give it to her.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Just unpacking and washing 1/2 of the cloths from our 2 week vacation in Jamaica. we only need to do 1/2 since USAir lost my wife's luggage on the way down, and still can't find it!

P-car is cozy in the garage with 3 feet of snow outside. Will TRY to start interior work so I can install the full cage, harnesses and seats.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:06 PM
DaveK
Race Car

I tried a different battery maintainer on the 964 this week - and after that it did start and idle fine from cold. However, I do wonder if that's coincidence since I've realised I've not been waiting for the fuel pump to prime and I think that made more difference than the charger........

The turbo has developed fault number 549 of however many it's going to develop. The dealer collects it on Monday yet again.......
Old 02-12-2010, 05:14 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Dave... the 964 seems better and better every day, huh?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Originally Posted by hawk911
Dave... the 964 seems better and better every day, huh?
Actually, I've never doubted the 964. The turbo is an excellent car in many ways (and would be even more if things stopped breaking!) - but so far it just doesn't have any "soul". I like it, but I don't feel anything like as connected to it as I do the 964.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by DaveK
Actually, I've never doubted the 964. The turbo is an excellent car in many ways (and would be even more if things stopped breaking!) - but so far it just doesn't have any "soul". I like it, but I don't feel anything like as connected to it as I do the 964.
Welcome to my world and the reason I sold it... sometimes speed is not everything... but there was no way I would have learned or listen to someone else about this... I had to give it a try.

I spent today with the family at an Italian Festa.

Photos from San Gennaro Festa, Safety Harbor, FL

The interior in this one was beautiful

A few Fiat relatives...

and a few Alfas

Old 02-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueHeeler
...Even the Olympic torch is stylish this year...
Looks like a big joint.

Got the manual window cranks in to replace the electric windows and then the RS door panels.

Valentines tomorrow and then Monday off for Alberta's Family Day.

Marc
Old 02-14-2010, 05:26 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Originally Posted by Wachuko
I spent today with the family at an Italian Festa.

Photos from San Gennaro Festa, Safety Harbor, FL
We're having one of the coldest winters I can remember - it's about 1 degree outside this morning, currently raining and the forecast is for probably snow towards the end of the week (again).

People who post photos from sunny Florida should be banned!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by DaveK
We're having one of the coldest winters I can remember - it's about 1 degree outside this morning, currently raining and the forecast is for probably snow towards the end of the week (again).

People who post photos from sunny Florida should be banned!
Hey! It is cold here as well... we have... well... what? Like 3 degrees Celsius outside this morning. We are not used to this.

Quick Reply: Friday Frippery