Sponsored by:

FVD LB2 Performance kit race

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:16 AM
pwengland
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FVD LB2 Performance kit race

Hey guys, has anyone tried the FVD LB2 Performance kit ? Airflow meter chip etc. I played around with a Steve Wong chip and despite some good reviews feel zero difference. Also tried a Gpipe which sounded cool but confirmed general opinion that if anything it takes away power. I'm thinking of trying the FVD kit plus a cup pipe. My engine is fresh and standard apart from a cat bypass.. Any views ?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

I think you will waste your money and be very disappointed. Spend a few hours and read all the posts. I would go the 9M or supercharger route. The SW chip is about as far as you want to go without getting crazy-expensive. MAF is not needed unless you get serious about bigger cylinders, bigger injectors, wilder cams, and structural upgrades to take the extra heat and mechanical loads.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pwengland
Hey guys, has anyone tried the FVD LB2 Performance kit ? Airflow meter chip etc. I played around with a Steve Wong chip and despite some good reviews feel zero difference. Also tried a Gpipe which sounded cool but confirmed general opinion that if anything it takes away power. I'm thinking of trying the FVD kit plus a cup pipe. My engine is fresh and standard apart from a cat bypass.. Any views ?
I have the FVD race kit fitted to my RS....this makes a substantial difference in performance.

The fact that the Steve Wong chip didn't do too much perhaps suggests your car already came fitted with a performance Chip?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
pwengland
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did wonder whether a performance chip was ready in, but the markings on it looked very much like the original as described in various posts. The FVD kit looks like a fairly straightforward install. Did you need to make any other mods ?

Quick Reply: FVD LB2 Performance kit race