Where are the VIN tags located?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 05:06 PM
polar964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Loving that last comment

This thread has thrown up some interesting differences. Mine doesn't have the sticker on the A pillar.

When in need of knowledge of something I usually break out Adrian's book and low and behold he says that rest of the world VINs are on the plate in the front trunk (as in my pic above) while USA VINs are on the A pillar that can be viewed through the windshield. And all 964s regardless of country they were destined for have the VIN stamped on the plate below the gas tank.

Nice to see another burgundy interior
Mines defo an ROW and the VIN is also on the A piller
Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's interesting Paul. I can see a 'VIN plate comparison' coming up at the North Wales run!

BTW, I've just subscribed to Total 911 mag....look forward to following your monthly reports
Old 01-26-2010, 06:03 PM
polar964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
That's interesting Paul. I can see a 'VIN plate comparison' coming up at the North Wales run!

BTW, I've just subscribed to Total 911 mag....look forward to following your monthly reports
Steve, what i find amazing with this forum is the wealth of knowledge about anything and everything ...... no matter how trivial, someone is sure to know the answer. Perhaps the vin on the A pillar was introduced to the later ROW models. I'm sure someone knows the answer. Unless mine has slipped throught the net!!

... monthly reports. I'm not a regular, more part time as it happens. I can't write on demand, it's not a natural skill, I contribute when I can and when the brain's in gear (no pun intended). If i could write as well as JB, then perhaps i would be more compelled to write regularly. Anyway thanks for your support. Good to know someone is reading my little bit
Look forward to seeing you on the NW run or perhaps at Oulton Park

Quick Reply: Where are the VIN tags located?