Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein HD's question....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Bilstein HD's question....

1) Hi guys can you tell me what you paid for your Bilstein Hd's???
2) Are you happy with them??? I am seeing some complain of Harsh ride.
3) Should i keep my springs or go with H&R's???
Old 01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jerry,

I have Bilstein HDs with HR Greens on my C4. I don't have anything to compare it to, as the shocks were already on the car. I went from the stock springs to the greens, lowering about 2" and adding the correct RS swaybars. It tightened things up, but for me, most of the harshness comes from tires. On my winter rims (16" with big tread blocks) the ride is pretty okay...
Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

I changed out my work stock suspension for a set of Bilstein HD's I bought slightly used from a Rennlister and put H&R greens on that I bought from Tire Rack, so it would not be fair to compare what I paid. It was night and day difference. The car hadles great and I think relatively cushy on normal roads. Its not as cushy as the standard suspension but kindas what I expected and worth the money.

I have taken the car to the track 3 times already. Mid Ohio is nice and smooth and it was great. Nelson Ledges is pretty rough but the ride was pretty good as well.

So it really all comes down to personal preference as to "How harsh the ride is".

I think you should change out your stock springs. Car will look and handle great.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks alot, Im sure anything would be better than my old worn out suspension, but ive been looking at those new Koni's for our cars and i wanna make sure id be happy with the Bilsteins before spending the extra on the Koni's.

Quick Reply: Bilstein HD's question....