O2 sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Alan S
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor question

Hello,
Does any one know if there is any diffrence between simply disconnecting the oxygen sensor and "Jumpering" the proper terminals at the ECU? My understanding is that the jumper wires tell the ECU to ignore the signals from the 02 sensor so it would seem that disconnecting the sensor would acomplish the same thing. There is probably some diffrence, I just don't know what it would be. I have a '90 Tip, the 02 sensor must be off a little as when disconnected it runs so much better. I do believe that my MPG's have suffered a bit but the trade off for the additional performance is well worth it. I realize that this may not be the best thing for the cat but on the otherhand I can see no evidence of the car running overly rich based on the exhaust smell or residue. I do have a new 02 sensor, have not installed it yet since the car seems to run so well the way it is. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just replaced my sensor. Got it from Sunset in Oregon (no affiliation) and had it within a few days. Cost me just under $150 with shipping, IIRC. Great guys out there, and a lot of parts are normally stocked with them.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor question